Why isn't he in his crib yet?

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
"Why arn't you putting Jarrett to sleep in his crib in his own room yet?" - direct quote from MIL. :growlmad:
I said "Well, it's still a bit early for that, don't you think"

"No!" she says "If you don't do it now, he'll want to sleep with you untill he's 5 or 6 years old"

I said that it was recommended to keep baby in your room untill 6 months, and that i'd keep him with me and OH longer than that if I felt he needed to be with us still.
Then I said "Besides he'd be up crying all night, and instead of him being right there, i'd have to get up and go to the other room to settle him"

and she said "No! You just lay him down in there, and close the door so you can't hear him .. then go get him and feed him in the morning. He might cry but nothing bad will happen to him in his crib"

Is she gone mad? Surely she's not so senile at her crisp age of 48 that she's forgotten he is only 7 weeks old and still wakes in the night to eat.

You know that saying If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all ... well I wish I could change it for her to : If you're going to tell me how to raise my baby, don't say anything at all

Thats terrible. 7 weeks is way to early to be doing that. I dont think i would ever do that. Even if kacey dont feed at night anymore i would be in there is a heartbeat if she needed me. Your doing a great jonb. I probably wouldnt ask her to babysit mind eeeeekkk

Thats terrible. 7 weeks is way to early to be doing that. I dont think i would ever do that. Even if kacey dont feed at night anymore i would be in there is a heartbeat if she needed me. Your doing a great jonb. I probably wouldnt ask her to babysit mind eeeeekkk

noo. i'm dead set against her baby sitting . i'm not convinced he'd be left alone in the spare bedroom. My mom has had him a few times (i always came back for the night, but had gone out drinking so she'd still get up with him etc) so MIL keeps asking when it's her turn.
She asked to have him for the night, and I said "You can, but I'd have to stay here too.. you can wake up with him though"

and she asked why I had to be here too and I said i'd miss him too much :haha: which is TRUE but if I really had to go away ALL night .. my mom would have him.

Its quite scary leaving them all night. I have only done it once and i didnt sleep anyway as i was so worried about her. I left her with my mum who i trust. But i felt like i was missing an arm. What does your OH think about it?

OH has left LO all night a few times, he doesn't seem bothered. The one night i was GOING to leave LO all night, I ended up crying at 4 am and a friend had to drive me an hour and a half to my moms house :haha: I trust my mom 100%, but missed him so much,

OH does think though, that if I'm uncomfortable leaving him with MIL alone, then he's not going to push me in to doing it. But I know he'd trust him mom. But I have to make up the excuses sometimes. Everytime my mom has baby sat (about 4 times now) MIL asks why we didn't ask her and we always pull things out of our butts :haha:

Once we had to go to a funeral, and my mom was at work .. so we left him with my cousin. MIL was REAL mad about that one, since she was home all day. But I said we were going to call and ask her that morning, but we over slept, and had to take him there instead because it was closer or else we'd have been late. (i'd actually made plans with my cousin to take him about 3 days in advance ).

That is early hun...way too early

Rylan was in his own cot at 4 months because he was shuffling and uncomfy in the swinging crib so we put him in his cot in our room still. x

my MIL is the same she said they should go in their own room at 2 weeks and just shut the door and you won't hear them crying, I just feel sorry for my OH as that must of been what she did when he was a baby i'm surprised he's not more screwed up really!

my MIL is the same she said they should go in their own room at 2 weeks and just shut the door and you won't hear them crying, I just feel sorry for my OH as that must of been what she did when he was a baby i'm surprised he's not more screwed up really!

some of the things OH mentions about him child hood are actually scary. like .. some things would probably incrimiate MIL so I won't go in to detail.
but .. he told me he used to play alone in his room all day while she was outside doing the gardening, cooking, cleaning, walking the dog ..etc.
and he just stayed in his room .. and sometimes she would even lock the door on him so he couldn't get out.
he also said she sometimes locked him and his little brother OUTSIDE for the day and told them to play out there from lunch til supper and not come in.

just seems to negligant to me.
she some times babysits OHs cousin as well, he's 8. once i was there and she just completly ignores he so much that she hadn't even realised his dad had came and got him almost 2 hours before! she was standing at the top of the stairs calling for him to come up for supper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->