why isn't it happening

love4makeup

Reaction score
My husband and I have been married for a little under 2 years and have been trying to conceive for almost a year and a half . I know it could take a year or more and the majority of people get pregnant within that but i don't know what it is every month its the same thing. getting my hopes up my husband is 9 1/2 years older im 22 and he just turnes 32 a month ago he's fine with when it happens and Gods in control he doesn't understand why i get go disappointed i mean he does and he gets upset but is there anything i can do to increase my chances besides prenatals , ovulation test is there any advice because i feel like I've done everything hopefully we can get pregnant before December or in December ( our anniversary) otherwise we will be considering actually going to a fertility clinic

also does anyone know if the deal we have with kaiser permanente is good it will only cover 50% of the cost we like in san diego california if anyone know of a good place where we might be able to get a good deal and good service

also is it normal to get a little depressed and i feel like im slowly shutting people out its nothing serious but i feel like this when my period is coming or i get a negative pregnancy response

Yes, it is normal for you to get a little depressed after a year and a half of trying! Before you go to a fertility clinic, I recommend you assess your nutrition (and that of your husband's), as that can play a HUGE role in your fertility. Check out this article:

https://wellnessmama.com/1326/get-pregnant-naturally/

Prenatals are helpful but won't make you healthy. You need to make sure you are getting plenty of protein and healthy fats, limiting your processed food and sugar intake, cutting out toxins and drinking plenty of water. If you don't eat like this already, it may sound very intimidating and inconvenient, but it is worth it! Best of luck to you!

Agree with the PP - also do you know that you even ovulate?

I suggest you sign up on fertility friend and start tracking your BBT. FF also has some great tutorials to watch that will help you understand temping and your cycle.

Hello,

Read testimonies about woman using soft cups. The soft cups are used for menstrual flow but lots of woman swear that the cups work. After having sex insert it and the sperm will remain close to your cervix..:baby:

I really recommend using fertility friend and tracking your body temperature, to really get to know your cycles. It might just be a timing issue, even after a year and a half!!

Try the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" - I learned SO MUCH

I agree with what all the pps. Also, you do not need to start at a fertility clinic, which most insurances dont cover. Start at your obgyn. There's things they can do for you before sending you off as hopeless to a FS. My experiences:

been ttc for 4 years
1 ectopic pregnancy
1 tube removal

Your obgyn can order tests to make sure your tubes are clear, that your hubby has high sperm count and morphology, can force you to ovulate if you don't already on your own, can perscribe medication to produce more egg folicles...the list goes on

What I would suggest if your still set on doing things naturally without help:

Have your hubby take zinc (increase the number of sperm he produces) and folic acid (to ensure those little swimmers form correctly)
I've heard of a lot of women using chaste berry (Vitex) to help balance out hormones in order to conceive
Eat healthy (huge deal!)
Use pressed to help the swimmers get to where they need to go
use softcups to help the swimmers stay where they need to be
Use opks to help predict when you're going to ovulate
Use a BBT thermometer to determine ovulation

I'm starting my first round of clomid this cycle...hoping it does the trick!

With kaiser, your OB will need to refer you to Reproductive endocrinologist. Then, they'll send you questionaires to be completed before RE appt. And you have to watch online video, which explains what infertility is all about. The RE nurse will call you and order a bunch of tests for you (13 vials of blood), HSG, and sperm analysis. Once you have your HSG called the RE office to make an appointment. Overall, it took me 3 months to see RE. Is the 50% cover tge tests? IvF is definitely not covered. But my insurance covered 50% IUI and all tge tests were also covered. We didn't have to pay anything. I live in san francisco bay area. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->