Why must we wind ourselves up like this ?!

Happy happy

Reaction score
Is it just me or is there anyone else out there that sits there and winds themselves up so much that they convince themselves something must be wrong??
I'm now worrying myself sick that I'll have another MMC. .I mean how do I know that I haven't already? !
My midwife said I won't get any additional scans or appts so I've just to wait it out, whilst preparing myself to hear "I'm sorry, there's no heartbeat".
I'm trying so hard to be positive but it's just getting more and more difficult as I dare to get excited then have to reign myself in thinking it may all be for nothing :,-(
Considering ringing midwife and seeing if she can take any blood samples to check on hormone levels xoxo

I started to feel like this yesterday, A wave of Fear just washed over me over night that something isn't right. I wanted to poas to reassure myself, but i'm terrified it will show that the feeling was right... (i did this last time but i knew i was right after Dr's confirmed 'weak' positive a few days before) Some comforting words from friends online made me feel better and today i feel positive again. I'm still terrified while i wait for my scan on 7th July, and just hope we make it to then. I'm enjoying each day as it comes and just hope that this little bean makes it xx I hope your feelings soon go and you can relax and enjoy the excitement this process should bring x

xxshellsxx - I guess it's just a natural process everyone who's been through a mc...or knows someone who has goes though. With my 1st pg I was always quite naive and just thought 'whatever going to happen will happen' and have a perfectly healthy pregnancy and a beautiful near 9 lb dd but with losing a baby last year I just can't relax or get too excited..I know I shouldn't dwell on the past as it certainly won't change the outcome but it certainly makes you think.
I've just rung the midwife to arrange an appt for a blood test but no one was there so they are calling back tomorrow. Hopefully they can fit me in ASAP so I can put my mind at ease! ! Xoxo

i think your right that it is a natural feeling after a loss, it took me 12 years to get my first BFP only to have it taken away, this one has taken 9 months and 6 rounds of clomid so this was my last hope, i'm keeping everything crossed this one wants to stay x

I have to wait for the midwife to get in touch with me, but my FS has booked me for scan at 8/9 weeks on 7th july... just seems so far away! She wouldn't do one any earlier or do bloods which is really frustrating!

Hope you get the call back soon and get some reassurance x

12 years...gosh...I really can't imagine how hard that must have been. We got caught in our 1st month of ttc with our DD, took 8 months with out last pg and same again with this one.
If this one ends in mc I really don't know if I could go through the roller coaster of emotions again. We are soooo lucky to have a happy, healthy toddler who is the centre of our universe and to give her a sibling would be a dream come true as I've never wanted to just have 1 child..but in saying that, I'd rather have 1 child than have my health or marriage compromised which is what it may come to as it's so stressful ttc never mind ttc after a loss.
How come you can't have any bloods taken??
Our scan will be at 12 weeks so another 6 to wait ... its going to drag so bad! ! xoxo

They don't do them unless there is an issue, it's so frustrating! My FS have basically said 'congratulations.. phone your Dr and book in with a midwife and we'll sort your discharged papers' they have been useless on many occasions! I did speak with a midwife this afternoon when i took my sister up to the DR and she is calling me back on tuesday to start the ball rolling so at least i feel like progress is being made now xx

I expressed my concerns with my MW and she booked me in for a scan right away just to ease my mind as I've had a mmc and a mc, could you not chat with her and tell her how worried you are?

X

I'm feeling pretty insecure too. This is my 7th pg, 5th baby. My last pg ended in mmc in jan, and I'm so afraid of the same thing happening. I never had any spotting with any of my healthy pg, and i had my mmc start with spotting at 5 wks, saw a hb at 6 wks, found out at 11wks that baby stopped growing at 7wks. I'm currently 8+5, and I've had a bit of spotting on and off, which completely freaks me out. I've also had more cramping/stretching, which I'm trying to see as a good thing. I feel like it's baby growing, and I didn't have any during the last pg, so I'm looking at it as a good thing. I have my 1st appt mon, hoping they'll do an u/s, but not sure. Would really like to hear baby!!

I expressed my concerns with my MW and she booked me in for a scan right away just to ease my mind as I've had a mmc and a mc, could you not chat with her and tell her how worried you are?

X

I did and she said there was nothing she could do, just to relax and try not to worry (yeah ok lol) until i get my date on tuesday when she rings for my first appointment x :coffee: << (Decaf lol)

I'm feeling pretty insecure too. This is my 7th pg, 5th baby. My last pg ended in mmc in jan, and I'm so afraid of the same thing happening. I never had any spotting with any of my healthy pg, and i had my mmc start with spotting at 5 wks, saw a hb at 6 wks, found out at 11wks that baby stopped growing at 7wks. I'm currently 8+5, and I've had a bit of spotting on and off, which completely freaks me out. I've also had more cramping/stretching, which I'm trying to see as a good thing. I feel like it's baby growing, and I didn't have any during the last pg, so I'm looking at it as a good thing. I have my 1st appt mon, hoping they'll do an u/s, but not sure. Would really like to hear baby!!

Good luck on Monday, everything sounds like it's good if your feeling growing and stretching, I understand the concern of spotting i'd freak, i know i would! Hope everything goes well on Monday :)

X

My midwife said when I spoke to her for my booking appt that I would be tret no differently to my 1st pg as I had a straight forward mc...whatever one of those is. I only told my DH she said that today whilst I was telling him how worried I was, he was fuming as I nearly bled to death so it was far from straight forward.
She's calling me tomorrow to arrange an appt...not sure I want an early scan as I had o email last time around but then found out at my 12wk scan the hb had stopped just over a week after the epu scan so I don't think a reassurance scan will offer me any reassurance whereas if I have several blood tests which show the hcg levels rising as they should that should confirm baby is progressing....or am I missing something?! Xxxx

I'm so relieved to here its not just me slowly turning into a nervous wreck.
The worst part is I've been sworn to secrecy by my DH as we told our families last time then had to tell the we had lost the baby after we had gone for our 12wk scan.
I've told my mum (and sworn her to secrecy) and she just keeps saying not to worry...though, as she admits, she's not been through a mc.
I've asked for bloods to be taken but not sure if I'd want a scan to be honest, I had one with epu at 6 weeks with my last pg and they saw a hb but then the hb stopped at 7.5 which I didn't know until my 12 wk scan. I think I would be tempted if I got offered one when I'm 10wks as that's when we had one with my DD and it's be around my birthday!! What an awesome present. .to see our little rainbow baby! ! Xoxo

Yes I'm doing this lately too. I'm waiting it out to the 12 week scan having not had a scan yet and I just keep playing it out in my mind that they'll say there's nothing there or I won't make it to 12 weeks. Bar having a scan every day you don't stop worrying. I had a scan at 6 weeks with dd because of pain and saw the heart beat but I still had 6 weeks after that to wait till the next scan and still stressed about it. I just want this first trimester over with now and the scan picture in my hand. I'm over all this waiting and wondering now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->