why was noels house party axed?!

C

cherryglitter

if anyone remembers it. i used to love it as a kid.
my brother told me a really horrible story as to why it was axed.

apparently they made a man bungee jump (it was one of his fears or something) and the cord snapped and the man died.

now this could be a load of shite... but does anyone know why it was axed suddenly? :shrug: there might be someone older than me who can remember :haha:

I used to love it, I never heard anything alomg those lines though, maybe the cost for his jumpers bankrupted the show :) if I remember right he fell out of popularity because of having an affare

I thought that happened on Jeremy Beadle's show where they make someone do a dare and it went fatally wrong!

Noel's house party was axed because it was shite!

remember smellovision and the scratchcards :rofl:

That story was about The Late Late Breakfast Show in 1986, Someone was rehearsing and it went rather wrong, Noel Edmonds quit straight after apparently.

I think House Party ending was just down to viewing figures.. I could be wrong.

According to the bbc it eas cancaled a few hours before airing one night because noel didnt like how the show was going, no big secret :)

They should bring it back!!who didn't shout at the TV when it was between phillip schofield and gordon the gopher being gunged!(please tell me you know who gordon the gopher is,otherwise Im going to feel really old!)

They should bring it back!!who didn't shout at the TV when it was between phillip schofield and gordon the gopher being gunged!(please tell me you know who gordon the gopher is,otherwise Im going to feel really old!)

Even worse I know who Ed the duck is :)

OMG SMELLOVISION! I used to love Noels house party :)

I loved noel edmands house party... and the Brian connely show... omg i had/and still do have a huge crush on him!!

^^^ Ditto :blush:

Its all crap on weekend nights now though isn't it. They had videos in peoples front rooms and all sorts!! A reet family affair :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmhtK4ab3Hk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=yOrgSany0Z0

My love for Blobby will ever leave

Oh Gordon the Gopher was a legend. He had his own spin off. I can remember the theme tune.

I think Noel's House Party was. Cancelled due to a scandal involving Mr Blobby and Laa Laa the Teletubby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37KQu64RY4

check out jeremy clarkson's 80s 'do! :haha:

That story was about The Late Late Breakfast Show in 1986, Someone was rehearsing and it went rather wrong, Noel Edmonds quit straight after apparently.

I think House Party ending was just down to viewing figures.. I could be wrong.

Yep it was the Late Late Breakfast Show that was axed due to fatality. I remember when it happened and god I feel old now!

Noel's House Party was essentially the same programe though, only without the stunts and Mike Smith.

Eurgh, Mr Blobby. I don't know why but he just grated my nerves!

My mums friend used to work at bbc studios and they got bored one night and started playing around with the props and accidently put a big gash in the mr blobby suit with a darlek (the big sink plunger thing sticking out its head), no one ever did find out it was them messing about :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->