Why WTT is hard if you haven't TTC before

im really sorry but this is where i have to disagree i find it very inconciderate to be saying that WTT is harder than TTC ....yes ok some can ttc where other have to wtt but the pain in both is unbearable.....the not knowing....i have been trying for a baby for 3 years, and even though i have been trying i still dont know if i CAN have a child whether ttc or wtt...i still have another 3 years until i can have further testing as im not allowed according to IVF wales policy...its heartbreaking every month to learn that yet again no matter how much i have tried, how many tests, all the sacrifices i am making and would do ANYTHING to become a mother and its so painful!!!! waking up every morning thinkingmy life is still not complete...feeling so useless and inadequate

This thread is upsetting to me to be honest and I haven't even been TTC that long.

It hurts to know you're trying so hard for something that could never happen. Not knowing if something is wrong with you....................

Maybe in SOME cases WTT can be harder than SOME cases TTC but not many IMO

WOW I'm sorry, but WTT is not harder than TTC. You guys have NO idea, yet! I WTT for 2 years for my OH to be ready. It's been 16 months of trying and I must say, the worry about infertility and such before actually TTC is NOTHING!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!! compared to ACTUALLY going through it. Trying to get dr appointments, being turned down for treatment, Charting, opk's, hpt, monitoring cm, timing BD, BD becomming a chore, losing intimacy with your OH, it's all so stressful. And SO emotional.

Sorry, but I agree with the TTC girls who have posted in here and they have seen both sides of it, WTT and TTC.

I'm afraid that I am in agreement with T'elle, Toria and PrayerfulHope.....

Having been NTNP for a few months I am lucky that I am happy to see how things go for a year or so before we start to get too technical about it BUT each month when I'm not pregnant, as much as it does not cause me any pain at the moment, I can easily see how month on month it could in the future.

Having been WTT until very recently I can say that I would not even describe it as difficult compared to TTC.....

xxx

When I was WTT I constantly had it in the back of my mind that I was afraid something would be wrong and we would not be successful TTC. I'm allergic to latex so non-latex condoms were a huge hassle and expense, and before that when I was still on hormonal birth control I was crying all the time, switching doses and brands made little difference.

Now that we are TTC and it has been a few months I get more and more worried something is wrong. I have never had even a hint of a 2nd line. As much as WTT sucked, getting a BFN, and then clinging to the last bit of hope that AF won't show and the test was simply taken too early, only to have that hope crushed too, has been more devastating than words can say. Repeat this month after month and you have my TTC experience. At least we no longer have the hassle of birth control.

I want two children, and I wanted to have them two to three years apart. Now I'm thinking if it's taking this long to conceive our first, and what about the fears of miscarriage in first trimester? I have no idea how long it will be before we get our first baby in our arms, and then, what about the second? I wanted to have both my babies before 30 and now I'm starting to wonder if we'll even have our first by then.

Im sorry girls but just because TTC is harder than WTT for you, dosent mean its going to be that way for everyone. I have found some of your words upsetting, saying we have no idea, well if you read through our posts that is what half of us are saying is hard. We are just sharing our views at this point in our journey and you know what, when we TTC we may change our minds and say that TTC is harder than WTT but that is our opinion.

Im am all for people sharing there views, even if they are different, but i dont think its fair to tell us that our views are wrong. Just because we are not TTC yet dosent mean we dont have all the fears you have, ie miscarage, taking a long time to conceve or needing help to conceve. I think every woman has theses fears but for some they are more real for others.

Erm, Lozzy, if you've never TTC then you can't make a statement about WTT being harder than TTC :wacko: You've never been there to form an opinion!

(Not you personally, anyone who says WTT is harder but have never TTC)

You dont have to have done somthing to have an opinion, thats why its an opinion and not fact.

You dont need to have taken drugs to know they can have a bad effect on your health.

Sorry, but I agree with the TTC girls who have posted in here and they have seen both sides of it, WTT and TTC.

I have to agree with you raf!

I have never been TTC, so I can not say wtt is hard than ttc as I dont know I have not been there!

I have days when my broodyness get to me and upsets me yes and I long for a baby, but I am wtt for a reason!!!!! Until I reach my goals I have set myself and OH for himself we are wtt and because of the goals we have set ourselfs we only have ourselfs to blame if we are wtting longer than we wanted!

I hope that makes sence?

You have to have something to base your opinion on. You can't just decide WTT is harder when you have no clue.

These are just peoples opinions at this part of there journey, every ones journeys are different and every ones views are different, it dosent make them wright or wrong.

Whether your opinions are right or wrong you have to think before you type. I wouldn't sit here and say "ABORTION IS THE BEST DECISION FOR YOUNG TEENAGE SLAGS" (not in any way my opinion just an example,) would I?

I agree with Lozzy, I think I speak for most people in this thread by saying we were not ever saying that TTC is not difficult or less difficult than WTT, but because none of us have experienced it WTT is difficult for us because of fertility issues and general worries of what might happen etc etc so we were just basing it on our own opinions of what we have experienced during WTT. However when we move over to TTC i'm sure our views will change. But until we make that big leap we will never know.

I don't think anyone intended to cause any offense.

I agree with Lozzy, I think I speak for most people in this thread by saying we were not ever saying that TTC is not difficult or less difficult than WTT, but because none of us have experienced it WTT is difficult for us because of fertility issues and general worries of what might happen etc etc so we were just basing it on our own opinions of what we have experienced during WTT. However when we move over to TTC i'm sure our views will change. But until we make that big leap we will never know.

Have you read the thread title :shock:

:haha: Well I meant for myself then, that's just my opinion. :blush:

:haha: Well I meant for myself then, that's just my opinion.

:lol:

I do agree that right now it might seem like the worst thing in the world for most of you but I don't think it's fair to put down peoples TTC journeys either. Just think this threads going to upset people...

You have to have something to base your opinion on. You can't just decide WTT is harder when you have no clue.

Was this aimed at me?

I wasnt saying I think wtt was harder I was saying I agree with what the girls who have been both wtt and ttc!

I am wtt because of reasons I chose to and I am happy to stay here until the timing is right for us! I have days that are easier than others but I am here rather than ttc because I chose to be and ttc atm for me would not be a sensible iykwim!

Was this aimed at me?

I wasnt saying I think wtt was harder I was saying I agree with what the girls who have been both wtt and ttc!

I am wtt because of reasons I chose to and I am happy to stay here until the timing is right for us! I have days that are easier than others but I am here rather than ttc because I chose to be and ttc atm for me would not be a sensible iykwim!

No sorry, was at Lozzy.

Like I've said twice now, some WTT journeys will be harder than TTC, but not many IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->