will babies measuring 2 weeks ahead come early??

barack

expecting baby number 1
Reaction score
Just a thot... mine is measuring 2 weeks early.. and its 2 weeks early for real coz i know when i ovulated. so is there a chance the baby can come early ??

Perhaps... My LO measured 2 weeks ahead throughout the entire third tri, and he was born 12 days before due date.

I measure 3 weeks ahead all the way through with my last and was induced at 42 weeks.x

Not necessarily I would have thought. You can have babies that measure a few weeks behind and still come early so would assume that door swings both ways. It's a measure of size rather than readiness to join the world x

Oh, I forgot to add... My nephew measured 4 weeks big throughout third tri, and labor was induced at 44 weeks and ended in a c-section. (My sister and mom both have genetic issues that cause them to be unable to dilate.) So, yeah, it could really go either way.

thaanks Ladies for your honest answers.. and replies..although i was hopping YES... THEY WILL COME EARLY..as i am tired now and want mine out...

prev pregnancy my son measured 15 days ahead and i had to be induced at 41+3.

from what I read it doesn't mean it's more likely they will come early.

Nope, my MW said that there was no evidence to suggest babies measuring larger will come earlier. I was worried as DS measured 3-4 weeks ahead through most of my pregnancy, didn't want him coming out 4 weeks early! Had him at 42 weeks :)

At 38 weeks I was measuring 6 weeks ahead...am now overdue :(

Sorry Xxx

thaanks Ladies for your honest answers.. and replies..although i was hopping YES... THEY WILL COME EARLY..as i am tired now and want mine out...
Much better for LO to be in there until 39 weeks at the earliest (lung function, brain development etc) so I'm trying to reframe as it being a good thing! Not too much longer to go in the grand scheme of things :) x

My second ds was measuring a week ahead on scans and my waters went bang on 39 weeks. Although by my dates he was 1 day over. :)

With my first, I always was about 2 weeks ahead, even the ultrasounds dating was 9 days ahead of my due date.... But I had to be induced when I was 9 days over due. I don't think you can really predict when baby will come.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->