Will doctor see you earlier if you ask?

Kwee

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage about 2 years ago, this is my first time getting pregnant again since then. I was wondering, will doctors usually see you earlier if you've had a previously miscarriage, if you ask him to? Or do they have to wait until you've miscarried 3 times consecutively? I don't wanna worry or anything but I just want them to be able to catch anything if there's something wrong, such as low progesterone or something.

From my experience they won't, but it can't hurt to ask. However, mine was much more willing to bring me in for a check and then betas (and then an early scan when they were concerned it was ectopic due to my high HCG levels) when I was bleeding since I had two previous losses. They said usually theyjust told women bleeding is common and not a concern, but scheduled me an appointment since I had a history of MC (and had one the previous month).

When I went through my mmc earlier this year the OB made it a point he wanted to see me the minute I got the BFP. So I called the same day I got it and he didn't see me the nurse did to do a blood draw (beta check) then I went 2 more times. At first he thought they were slowly rising but after the 3rd he liked what he saw and scheduled me for a u/s to see the lil bean. I was exactly 6 weeks at that u/s and we saw the baby and hb. At that appt he said I was good to go and he would see me in 4 weeks which I believe will be an eternity.

My doctor does things a lot differently from my first pregnancy (ended in a MC). That one no blood work or anything until 8 weeks. 8 weeks was mainly just letting them know my history and check cervix. 10 weeks I had an emergency scan to see no baby.

With Claire I got blood work done at 8 dpo 13 dpo and sometime during 5 weeks. At 7 weeks 1 day got a scan. 9 weeks 5 days got another scan.

I am assuming near the same with this one if I continue on with the pregnancy (last two ended in chemicals so far this one is going well). 11 DPO blood work, 13 DPO blood work will go again at 18 DPO and more than likely a scan between 7 and 8 weeks.

Call and ask. My OB saw me the day after I got my bfp and took blood for hcg levels and then scanned me the following week. I think it all depends on who you see. GL

They normally will see you earlier after A loss. Our third baby was stillbirth and they got us in and order a scan as soon as possible. I got in four days after with this one and have my scan tomorrow (8 days later). This one I personally called and shared my worries and the fact that I am high risk now, they normally don't see until 8+ and then the first scan is normally 12ish weeks.

I honestly think it just depends on the dr.. Good luck!

I would jolly well think so! If I have made an appointment and I'm paying for it, a doctor should see me any day I like for any reason. Hke could they refuse you?!

I would jolly well think so! If I have made an appointment and I'm paying for it, a doctor should see me any day I like for any reason. Hke could they refuse you?!
I think it depends on where you are from. I don't pay for my health care, and so if the ob says she won't see me I'm not getting seen by her. I can try another Dr bur no guarantees

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->