Will I always need breast pads?

HappyHome

Big family = Busy family
Reaction score
Hi, me again :blush:

As the title says will I always need breast pads? I'm getting through loads a day and doubling up each time too!
I just wanted to know should I buy shares in the company or will there be a point where they won't be needed?

When your supply regulates it will ease off. I found that johnsons pads were a god send. Much better than any others, especially at night when i had to double up. It should get better. Around 3/4 months you probably will be able to get rid.

I stopped needing them many months ago. I can't remember exactly when...probably sometime in the first few months.

I stopped needing them at about 4 months,and even then I'd been wearing them just-in-case for a few weeks. The only time I needed them after that was when I had my period as it sent my supply a bit loopy.

Thanks ladies still best to bulk buy then xx

I still wear them at almost 11 months as I leak a lot - but I use washables :)

Your supply should regulate in time and you won't leak any more. I think I stopped leaking at around 6 months :thumbup:

I stopped using them at about 6 weeks I think. I had some lovely washable ones from Wee Notions - https://www.weenotions.co.uk/breast-pads.html The only real difficulty with them is choosing what fabric you like! They were well worth the money even though I didn't use them for very long... and I sold them on afterwards too :D

Wow, thanks for this thread!!! I've been mindlessly using breast pads this whole time and this thread made me realize I may not need them. I will try without for a while

I found the Johnson's ones really good. They're really absorbent so you don't need as many xx

I use mothercare re-usables but double up as I make a lot of milk so can leak stupid amounts! And at night I cut a maternity pad in half. I'm 12 weeks in and even with my crazy supply I'm finding that my pads are lasting longer so slowly getting there!

Becki x

Just over a month in, and I use reusables covered by the larger, smoother, less noticeable Lansinoh ones. The reusables I find leak sometimes, so the Lansinoh ones are good as back-up, plus in this way they last longer and make it possible for me to use thinner clothes as well as they are larger and smoother. Good to learn that supply regulates eventually! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->