Will i be able to use baby wipes in the hospital ?

I was told I wouldn't be allowed, so packed loads of cotton wool...when it came to changing her bum the midwives were like, "ehh, no." So just used baby wipes. But she got nappy rash right away from the wipes so used cotton wool for the first 6 weeks or so anyway. It's entirely up to you, your baby!

Thanks for your reply, im planning on taking the waterwipes i was on about when i posted the thread. 99.9% water, surely they'll be finee

Take your water wipes AND cotton wool just incase, because you will need cotton wool and water to wash things like LOs eyes and mouth etc anyways

As soon as you are home you can use your wipes anyways, so it will only be for when your in the hospital that you have to use cotton wool

The reason why they say dont use wipes is because LOs skin is very sensitive for the first few days, because obviously they have just come out of their protective sac of water, they dont ban wipes to be a pain in the arse, they do it because they know what they are talking about xxx

Thankyou for replying, i will take both. I know they know best but i hope they let me use the waterwipes, soo much easier and they shouldnt give LO nappy rash or anything xxx

No one can tell you what to do its YOUR baby not theres! I used wipes and one midwife was forever saying " we advise you dont use wipes but its your baby soooooo" so do one and leave me alone lol

Lol i feel exactly the same way but i will take both the wipes and cotton wool justt in case xx

Aww poor Isla!

Well obviously my twins were born 2 months early, so I wasnt allowed to hold them for longer than 10 mins a day because their skin was so sensitive, I couldnt even stroke their arms or hold their hands :cry:

I had to use cotton wool for 4 weeks, and it was nice when I could use wipes because it is a lot easier, but I still wouldn't risk putting my LO thorugh pain, soreness, rash, reaction... because I want to use wipes! Just seems very selfish IMO, why just disregard the advice they are given from a professional, because they think its "their baby, their rules"?! They are only trying to help you as you are new mother... take their advice surely? :shrug:

I know what you're saying, i obviously want whats best for my baby, but i wonder if the waterwipes will do any harm, they really are just water.. lol xxx

Aww poor Isla!

Well obviously my twins were born 2 months early, so I wasnt allowed to hold them for longer than 10 mins a day because their skin was so sensitive, I couldnt even stroke their arms or hold their hands :cry:

I had to use cotton wool for 4 weeks, and it was nice when I could use wipes because it is a lot easier, but I still wouldn't risk putting my LO thorugh pain, soreness, rash, reaction... because I want to use wipes! Just seems very selfish IMO, why just disregard the advice they are given from a professional, because they think its "their baby, their rules"?! They are only trying to help you as you are new mother... take their advice surely? :shrug:

I know what you're saying, i obviously want whats best for my baby, but i wonder if the waterwipes will do any harm, they really are just water.. lol xxx

Im sure they will be fine, like you say they are pretty much cotton wool and water anyways, just in the shape of a wipe!

But you will need cotton wool as well, so worth taking it ( its really not as hard as it sounds cleaning with wool and water, in fact it can be much easier on some poos lol)

Aww poor Isla!

Im sure they will be fine, like you say they are pretty much cotton wool and water anyways, just in the shape of a wipe!

But you will need cotton wool as well, so worth taking it ( its really not as hard as it sounds cleaning with wool and water, in fact it can be much easier on some poos lol)

I willl be taking both :) and really lol? it seems difficult using cotton wool, but i will get the pleated cotton wool not the tiny little balls of it lol xx

def the pleated type, the little balls are drive me insane :haha:

How... Odd. :wacko:
Why would they tell YOU what to use on YOUR baby? Ours supplied wipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->