Will I ever go back to normal?

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
It just feels so unreal... I have aversions to everything that used to be normal for me. Chicken, turkey, veggies, fish, etc. I can't even imagine being able to eat these things again. Has anyone else had to deal with this? When did things go back to normal? When will I be able to eat normal things again?

I've gone off virtually everything too! Even things that I fancy that morning I prep for dinner then can't eat! I haven't eaten anything today! I'm hoping my appetite comes back soon - its starting to wind me and hubby up!!

In my first pregnancy I could not stand chicken, this persisted after my miscarriage and I had only just started eating it again months later when iv gone of chicken breast again this pregnancy.
I don't really have any other aversions (in fact I'm eating like a horse!) but I do struggle to decide what I fancy.....I spend ages and ages looking in the fridge and cupboards! Lol

Not sure if this would turn your stomach but it just worked for me.....look through a few recipe books (with pictures) and something might just take your fancy! I just saw a vege gratin and am now cooking it as I type!

Sorry you feel so crap, I hope your appetite picks up soon! :flower:

oh I'm eating plenty...but crisps, chocolates & biscuits. can't stomach proper food not even fast food (which I have to admit I don't really like anyway). I hope the recipe book with pictures works as normally even pictures of food makes me a bit queasy :facepalm:

I can't eat a lot if what I usually love! So I'm right there with you. My mil was looking through a dessert cookbook and kept showing me pictures and didn't take me seriously that she needed to stop talking about cookies and pies as it was starting to make me feel sick...well she kept doing it and off I went to the bathroom. So even pictures and conversations about food I can't handle make me sick. I had a salad the other day with ranch and it was the most disgusting thing to me. No more salad or ranch lol

Oh no ladies ..... I take it back, put those recipe books down!!!!!!
I really feel for you! Wouldn't swap any of my terrible pelvic/butt ache for sickness. I definitely feel fortunate right now!
Keep taking the vitamins and hopefully it will pass soon!

Oh no ladies ..... I take it back, put those recipe books down!!!!!!
I really feel for you! Wouldn't swap any of my terrible pelvic/butt ache for sickness. I definitely feel fortunate right now!
Keep taking the vitamins and hopefully it will pass soon!

Haha those don't even stay down! At least the ms is my only symptom that's bothersome. No cramping or butt pains lol

ms, aversions, cramping and butt pain over here haha. but at least I'm not throwing up too often probably bc I'm avoiding what could trigger it!

ms, aversions, cramping and butt pain over here haha. but at least I'm not throwing up too often probably bc I'm avoiding what could trigger it!

Soooo jealous! I wake up and throw up, eat and throw up, walk too fast and throw up, sit down and throw up...you get the jist lol. I can't keep anything down...and I mean anything! Water makes me sick ugh its horrible

Mod, I'm exactly the same as you. I don't really have staple food that still agrees with me. More like I just eat and hope I keep it down long enough to absorb something.

Mod, I'm exactly the same as you. I don't really have staple food that still agrees with me. More like I just eat and hope I keep it down long enough to absorb something.

Lol that's a great way of describing it. I can't even keep my anti ms meds down long enough for them to take effect. Thinking about calling my doc in the morning and asking for a b6 shot so I can start getting something down.

I had two pharmacists tell me to take gravol along with diclectin. 1/2 a 50mg pill every 4 hours. I've been doing it since yesterday and its the only time I've felt normal.

I have diclegis and zofran, haven't tried the zofran yet as it makes you constipated, but the diclegis works awesome. I was just stupid and decided to not take it over the weekend and now I can't get it down.

Ugh I know how you feel! I have a super sense of smell anyway but pregnancy only adds to it! the first aversion I had was to fruit, I wanted bananas but couldn't stand the smell, I wanted grapes but they tasted like cotton candy (which I like but not in grape from... ew!) and clementines? forget it.. tasted so off.. strawberries were ok for some reason.. I am finally getting back to eating fruit thankfully! but last night I made a stouffers mac n cheese, which I usually LOVE and I was so excited for it...until I started to smell it when it was nearly done.. I almost wanted to puke! I couldn't even feed it to my kids, I had to have my husband give the kids their food while I left the kitchen... I ended up eating a bowl of cereal instead..

I've been throwing up more after increasing my water intake. lol and I almost threw up after hearing someone cough.

mod & northern I hope you feel better soon!

sjd I completely understand how everything tastes off. it does to me too. the other night I started eating pomgranates and it felt like immediate nausea relief but then I ended up feeling worse than before. grapes are ok but again they taste different and I can't have too many. I craved bananas earlier but I wouldn't be able to handle the smell. I normally have a very weak sense of smell so to find all this overwhelming is an understatement!!

You will feel 'normal' again...eventually!!
With my first I went off all meet from about 6wks, I lived off of sandwiches, cheese, toast, ready salted crisps & pasta with melted butter until I was around 17/18wks. My MS started from 8.5wks until 11wks then returned 13-15wks.

My favourite meal before falling pregnant was chilli con carni, I have eaten this twice since my son has been born....still not a huge fan & I make the most delicious chilli lol.

I'm deffo going to start making the most of no food aviations/ no MS as I no in the next few weeks it while be a whole diff story :-/

thank you lucie, I hope when your symptoms do come along they aren't too bad and you can still eat as normal :hugs:

how can I be severely craving something that makes me sick at the same time?!

I found that the things that made me the most sick are the things i can't touch now. If i drink summer fruits juice i am reminded of my first pregnancy, it was all i drunk - and all i vomited up :rofl:

This pregnancy, the first thing that made me sick was Dr Pepper at 7 weeks. Still can't touch the stuff. URGH. Chicken, just don't want to eat at all, and we usually eat it all the time in loads of different meals. Just ick. I ate a mozerella and pesto toasty sandwich in the park at 7 weeks and i feared not being able to reach the toilet in time to sick it back up. Cannot even look at pesto anymore! :rofl: My morning sickness has thankfully long gone, and i do wonder if i'll ever be able to eat those certain foods again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->