Will my egg count have changed much in 3 years?

Baby Me

Back to treatment
Reaction score
I'm back again after 3 years break for multiple reasons, and hoping to start my donor sperm IVF cycle in Feb. As long as I am healthy, then the clinic can start treatment straight away and already have a donor matched to my husband.

The last time my fertility was checked was 3 years ago and it was very healthy and fertility was normal. Trouble is... I was 32 then, and now I'm 35.

So what I want to know is... has anyone seen a dramatic difference in their results for egg reserve / antral follicle count, or had any nasties come up in their uterine scan when previously all was well?

I know 35 is when things are supposed to decline but I really want to hear real life stories please.

TIA. xxx

I was 34 when I started the process for the first time, and now 38 for this second time and everything was almost exactly the same as it was a few years ago. Good luck!

I guess I should say I didn't do a fresh IVF cycle this time (we did a frozen cycle) so I don't know if my body would have responded in the same way or made the same quality embryos, but my labs were indentical so my assumption is I would still have had a good chance.

For me it did change quite a bit in just 2 years. From 20 eggs retrieved to 11 (same drugs).

3chords, sorry to hear that. May I ask - was it a male factor issue or female in the first instance? My concern is that I've never had to worry before about me - and it's just bloody age and this magic '35' number that's causing me anxiety. So, if I had great fertility at 32 - will I be dramatically reduced at 35?

No male factor issue here. Poor egg quality.

I have to say that while I had fewer eggs (11 vs 20), in both cycles I got the same number of PGS normal embryos - 2. So in that sense nothing really changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->