• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will OH be able to cut the cord?

It's the one thing we both really want but on all the youtube videos ive watched (yes i'm mad!) its always the surgeons/doctors that cut it. hmm

yeah mine did and i had an EMCS so definetly

Ah thats good then! Were you able to hold LO whilst they stitched you up? I have soo many questions & so little time lol

We weren't allowed to at ours, and I wasnt able to hold lily until after I was stitched.

mine was emergency as well, my DH held her but I didn't until I was in recovery

They should. I begged them to let my OH and they forgot! :(

Mine was elective so they offered hubby to cut the cord (he was grossed out and declined lol) but he held him next to my head while they stitched me up. It was just like a regular birth.

we werent asked, but i dought he wuda wanted to x

Yep, mine did. Here is the proof :D

Attachments

• 100_0625.jpg
    100_0625.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 28
My husband wasn't allowed--something about he wasn't allowed to enter the sterile surgical environment. He had to stay behind the curtain by my head.

From asking doctors - I've gotten the same story that Mother Hen says: OH has to stay behind the curtain and can't cut the cord because the surgical site needs to stay sterile.
I was also told that as soon as the cord was cut, and the baby cleaned up and measured, that my DH could hold her by my side, but I wouldn't be able to until I was stitched up and out of surgery.
But given the other responses in this thread - I guess it differs by hospital, so probably best to ask your ob/gyn.

My husband wasn't allowed--something about he wasn't allowed to enter the sterile surgical environment. He had to stay behind the curtain by my head.

My hubby was offered to cut it after my son was "separated" from me, so they left it extra long and clipped it, but it still needed to be cut shorter. I guess it's kind of an improvisation for people who have their hearts set on cutting the cord.

My OH couldn't but DD wasn't breathing, it had been an emergency one to get her out :cry: once they cleared her throat and got her breathing OH got to hold her while i was stitched up, i didn't get to hold her till after that.

My doctor cut the cord. However they allowed my husband to cut it again once she was moved away from me. That made him happy. I think it depends on thee doctor.

My mom wasn't able to cut the cord initially but they leave it really long and then when he was put on the table to get cleaned up she got to cut the cord again.

My hubby couldnt but my surgeon was horrible. I could hold the baby though x

They allowed my DH to cut the cord with my csection. They cut it from me and left it long so then DH was able to cut when they brought our lil one over to get cleaned up. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->