Will one day off hurt?

Lawgirl

Reaction score
This is probably a little premature, as I don't know if I will still be breastfeeding at the time (I hope so). I have a one-off meeting at work at the end of November which will be from approx 9.30 until 5pm with no opportunity or place to express. Will one work day without breastfeeding be seriously detrimental to my supply? Or will just one day be fine, if a little uncomfortable?

I don't have the answer but I can tell you what I think..

If baby is young and feeding frequently You could become engorged and this can lead to plugged ducts or mastitis or could just be very painful! Your body might get the wrong message in that baby doesn't want feeding and could harm your supply! I'm not sure if this will happen in one day, I hope someone else can help with that one!

Isn't there a law against giving a breastfeeding mother an expressing break? Sorry for my ignorance, my workplace has to give me breaks no matter how inconvenient.

Hope you find the answers you need.

If get a hand pump and pump on your lunch for five minutes just to relieve engorgment so you don't leak everywhere but I'd say you'll be fine. When lo's first sttn you go 8 hrs without feeding and you're fine. You usually leak though and are uncomfy so that would be awkward

She is currently 11 weeks and will be 18 weeks by the time of the meeting. I know I have the legal right to have time to pump (although not the right to a dedicated space) but I would find it too awkward. It's going to be a very intense meeting with very few breaks and all the offices will be closed as it's at a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->