Will opk's work for me

LindseyGarth

Reaction score
I've been doing opk since cd 11 and all of them have only had 1 line if I've got I slight hormone imbalance will they work ice been told I've got slightly higher testosterone and lower progesterone helllpppp pleassseee

They should work for you. However, if your hormones are off, you may not ovulate or may ovulate later. I've read that some people never see a positive even when ovulating regularly, but most do. They work for me. When I wasn't ovulating I ad some that were close to positive, but questionable. Now that I'm ovulating, there is no mistaking my surge. Good luck!

Two things. Are you using first morning urine? Try testing later in the day after holding your urine if you are. Lines should be darker after your first morning urine.

Secondly you're only CD11. It's considered normal to have no lines or very faint lines until just before your surge. PCOS can throw off OPKs but usually by giving false positives, so I wouldn't worry about that. Testosterone shouldn't mess with the results of the test itself, as in it shouldn't mask an LH surge. You may not get an LH surge (and therefore wouldn't ovulate) because of the hormone levels, but it shouldn't mess with the tests.

This cycle I had a very faint almost invisible second line on my OPK on CD11 and had an almost positive on CD12 with obviously positives CD13 and CD14. Just keep testing! Best of luck to you!

I'm not sure if you have PCOS or not, but I do and the tests seem to be working for me. I'd keep testing. FX!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->