Will she really stop when she is full?

Foogirl

Baby Abby 11 weeks early
Reaction score
Abby has rice or porridge and pureed fruit or veggies twice a day. In total this would come to about 10 teaspoons of food.

As well as this she takes a full breast feed at these mealtimes, and has about 4 other breast feeds too.

The other day I realised I had put rather a lot of puree in the pot and that with her porridge was actually a fair bit of food, but she wolfed it down. She then looked for a breastfeed. She fed for about 5 minutes then got really really agitated and unsettled. Is it possible she was over fed.

I keep hearing that babies will know when to stop, but I'm not convinced she will. I don't want to test it by feeding her til she bursts!!

Most of the time when we have finished the tub of food, she cries.....

Why don't you try offering her more food and then waiting for an hour or so before a feed, so if she is full up she's got time for the food to settle a little?? Or does she look for a feed straight after??

Why don't you try offering her more food and then waiting for an hour or so before a feed, so if she is full up she's got time for the food to settle a little?? Or does she look for a feed straight after??

She looks for a feed pretty much all the time.

Even breast feeding, she never stops herself. She'd stay there all day if I let her. I fell asleep the other morning when I was feeding her. I woke about an hour later and she was still at it!

I'm just not sure if she is fed enough or if she needs more. But I'm afraid I over feed her.

Are you sure the looking for a breastfeed is through hunger and not because of comfort? (esp. if she's there for an hour!)

Are you sure the looking for a breastfeed is through hunger and not because of comfort? (esp. if she's there for an hour!)

I do wonder, but figure because she starts out with such gusto and sucks deeply for about 5 minutes, it is because of hunger (or at least it starts out that way)

I'm also not sure if she fell asleep too, or not that morning!

But she will happily sit there for as long as I let her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->