Will the fat apron really never go away?

daneuse27

Reaction score
I was average weight before the pregnancy and now that its been 2 weeks, I'm almost back to my original size...

The only hard thing to get used to though is this roll of fat that is hanging right over the incision (its a bikini incision)

I've been doing some reading online, and hear varying stories. Some sources say that with a good exercise/diet program, my belly could be flat again.
Others say that the only way to get rid of this "mother's apron" as its called is to do a tummy tuck. :(

Does anyone know if its possible to get rid of this fat roll without having surgery? Anyone know of any success stories?

Thanks xx

I wish I had some success stories to share with you, but I don't. Mine never went away, even after losing a bunch of weight. My sister who is very, very thin never lost hers either, she had a tummy tuck to get rid of it. I will do the same thing when I can.

2 weeks hun, it's too soon to worry.

There are a couple of issues at play when you're dealing with postpartum belly. First, since you've had surgery, your abdominals have been cut. That will take time to repair. Second, muscle separation (which happens whether or not you've had a section), again, is going to take time. Your uterus needs more time to contract too. And of course, there can be loose skin with pregnancy and that depends on the woman.

Finally, 2 weeks! Remember you had overall fat gain in your pregnancy too, and losing the apron is also a matter of losing the last bit of body fat- which is very very hard to do when you're eating properly and sleeping well, not very many 2 weekers are at that stage for sure :)

It took me 18 months to get back to my postpartum figure, with lots of hard work (not a C-section). If you're almost there at 2 weeks with only an apron then you are doing very very well. I think you just need to give yourself more time. I am an athlete and I have several friends who have had C-sections without any apron- for them, it was a matter of working hard at eating well and giving themselves *time* for slow body fat reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->