Will they think I don't love my baby?

I actually made a lovely friend who was opposite me on the ward, I fetched her hot chocolate as she had a section and it was difficult for her to get up, we still message each other today, so you may find it a pleasant stay.. Just saying don't think the worst, you'll be surrounded by women who have just done the exact same as you, it's kinda nice! X.

I'm liking this :) tell me more hahah.
We actually have no friends so hopefully prenatal classes, a stay in the ward and play group should help :)
I wonder if I'll annoy the other poor mums in there :haha:

I think you should try and focus on those nice things like above for ur stay instead of the bad bits.

Just focus on being a new mum and having to care for ur baby and the fact you won't have time to pine after hubby!

He will prob be worse than u coz you'll have company ;0)

You'll have diff priorities as soon as LO is out so I think you'll do just fine!

Your in a very vunerable state, and if you open up I think you'll find others do too, I think the next morning is nice too, when all the curtains are open and you can see every ones baby, that's if you want them open, but as I said if your open and smile at people it's easy to get into a conversation with the other mums, as you've got a little something in common! Well actually a crying pooping little thing in common! Lol.. In our hospital we have a photographer that comes round and you can have photos taken of your newborn, most mums are preparing for that after breakfast, it's the bounty lady..
Then hopefully you'll go home!
Positive thoughts! Try and look forward to your time bring your new bundle of joy into the world, those few few hours are presious between a mother and new baby. :)

I think you should try and focus on those nice things like above for ur stay instead of the bad bits.

Just focus on being a new mum and having to care for ur baby and the fact you won't have time to pine after hubby!

He will prob be worse than u coz you'll have company ;0)

You'll have diff priorities as soon as LO is out so I think you'll do just fine!

I guess I was just in a slump being all sulky lol.
I'll make a list with hubby about the positives :D he can make one too starting with the heater and the Xbox :haha:

I was dreading this too. My hubby works away for long periods but I didn't want to be separated the first night. Ended up with emcs so had no choice but stay in. I'm a nurse so totally understand why dads can't stay unless you are in a private room. It's not fair on other women behind a flimsy curtain if their is a man sat there all night. But its still sad for them to leave. Anyways turns out it was fine. He was shattered and needed to go home to sleep, shower and eat. And I needed to rest, recover and take some strong pain killers lol. But honestly suddenly you are mother and your priority changes to your baby. You suddenly get a whole new strengthy and a night apart from oh doesn't seem the end of the world.

I sooooo disagree with the posters that have said if you breastfeeding, dad can't do anything that first night anyway. So many people seem to think breastfeeding means mom does everything! Those first night/s, my husband adjusted my pillows, watched baby while I showered or rested, ensured he kept an eye on whatever the nurses were doing when I was too tired to pay attention. Changed all diapers, swaddled and brought baby to me for nursing, kept Track of which side was next, even kept a journal of breastfeeding times/length for my first when he was losing a bit extra. He went and got a nurse/doctor/food/drink as needed, you name it. All I had to do was nurse and bond. That bonding time with dad is just as valuable as my time, to me. I can understand why home births are more popular in UK. I enjoy being relaxed and catered to in hospital, but would not go there if I couldn't have him with me.

sorry was just nosing in here. but i was the exact same hadnt spent a night with out OH is 5 years. i went in to labour at 2am and had him at 2pm due to meconium i had to stay in for 24hrs, so hubby was asked to leave at 8pm i cried solidily the whole time...to the point they actually asked me shut up, and then in the morning they actually took me aside and asked if my hubby hurt me...as culdnt stop crying. ( apprently the fact i hadnt slept in 3 days, had a baby and spent a night in a god awful place had nothing to do with it.)
im not gonan sugar coat it coz for me it was awful...it didnt help that the hospital i was in was known for it awful care with obvio baboes crying no sleep to be had...but it was only a few hrs...and whilst at the time it was awful looking back it wasnt...just raging hormones.

my hospital does have 2 private rooms you can rent out if they available in which dads can stay...so maybe ask if ur have this? sadly mine were already being used.

this time im hoping for a 6-8 hrs discharge.

Hope all goes ok...just know ur not alone.

sorry was just nosing in here. but i was the exact same hadnt spent a night with out OH is 5 years. i went in to labour at 2am and had him at 2pm due to meconium i had to stay in for 24hrs, so hubby was asked to leave at 8pm i cried solidily the whole time...to the point they actually asked me shut up, and then in the morning they actually took me aside and asked if my hubby hurt me...as culdnt stop crying. ( apprently the fact i hadnt slept in 3 days, had a baby and spent a night in a god awful place had nothing to do with it.)
im not gonan sugar coat it coz for me it was awful...it didnt help that the hospital i was in was known for it awful care with obvio baboes crying no sleep to be had...but it was only a few hrs...and whilst at the time it was awful looking back it wasnt...just raging hormones.

my hospital does have 2 private rooms you can rent out if they available in which dads can stay...so maybe ask if ur have this? sadly mine were already being used.

this time im hoping for a 6-8 hrs discharge.

Hope all goes ok...just know ur not alone.

:hugs:
I'll check with MW next appt :)
I hope for a quick discharge too but I also love the idea of having the nurses to help with anything and everything.

They wont think that at all. With all three of mine I had to stay in overnight, and unlessyou pay an extortionate amount for a room here then father's aren't allowed to stay, everytime I broke down when it came to him leaving, the hormone rush after having your baby is overwhelming :( I'm hoping so much this one decides to arrive at a decent time so that I can be discharged the same day! xx

I suppose were all different, I'm very independent, and it didn't bother me when my oh left for the night, it was 11pm though when I got on the ward..
Do all ladies have a private room in the US? or a ward with say 6 beds like in the uk?

I think some US hospitals might have some shared rooms (two to a room)for maternity, but all the hospitals here near me are all private rooms. I don't think any still have wards, those haven't been used for decades. I could care less about being away from my husband for a few hours, I just don't think it's fair to make them be away from their newborn child for the first night of its life.

Ive seen US birthing shows on the tele, and always think wow those rooms are massive! I totally get why dads can stay then, their not invading anybody elses privacy in a private room..

To the OP you'll be totally fine hunny, x

The birthing suite here is huge like those US shows, a tv, leather recliner, little sink and a bathroom but we can't stay in them :sad1: lol.
I was actually surprised by the size of the suite, I had been in one on the Gold Coast (big very popular hospital) and it wasn't that fancy. And this small hospital has this massive fancy suite!! Lol I know they won't move us until we're ready so hopefully I can stretch out the bonding and cleaning up just a little longer :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->