Will this idea/feeling go away?!

Emsabub

Reaction score
It's been 10 weeks since I had my little girl and already I'm thinking I want to be pregnant again!

Has anyone else ever felt this way & does it go away? I know I don't want another baby for quite some time yet I keep thinking I want it & get a little jealous when I see other pregnant ladies!

I've been broody since LO was 3 days old. o_O We're planning to TTC as soon as my cycles come back - hopefully around the 6 month mark. So I'm no help basically haha, but you're not the only one ;)

My baby is a year old and I miss/want to be pregnant, but I know I am not ready to have a second. I have a hard enough time with my one.

I feel the same but no way am ready to have another n my newborn is only 6 weeks! I don't even know if we will have anymore as I have 2 n my last pregnancy was horrendous!

For me, it didn't go away. There's tiny age gaps between all 3 of our boys.

:hugs:

I could have written this. My DS is only 9 weeks old and I cannot wait to get pregnant again and have another.

Realistically we won't be trying for another until end of next year.

It did not go away with me. I had it badly after my first was born, and I got pregnant when he was 7 months old. I didn't have it after my second, for some reason. I was pretty happy being done, though I was keeping the idea of a third in my mind. Funnily enough, I STILL got pregnant when she was 7 months old, despite cycle tracking pretty strictly.
I'm not sure why I was so broody after my first was born, but not my second. I just felt more complete after she was born. I also think it may have had something to do with the fact that I didn't breastfeed my first, but I did with my second? I don't know.

I have this too!! I also felt that way after my son was born but as the months went on I got less broody. It's very strange though, I keep looking at my daughter now and thinking I want another newborn!!!!

I'm here with you! Mine is 3 weeks old and my husband keeps saying how lucky we are with a boy and a girl now, what a great time to be done lol. I have been bugging him to agree to a 3rd for 3 weeks now LOL although I'm not in a rush too conceive because that will likely be my last pregnancy and i really want to enjoy my daughter's babyhood first without all the morning sickness etc

Me me ... I was 3 days out of hospital . Lo was 4 days old in the sling and I was looking a pg ladies feeling jealous !! Weird !!! Its happened me with both pregnancies .... I do think some of it is hormonal .. Well that's what my doctor told me lol..... And she said it should settle down by around the 6 month mark . 8 months here and whilst it has lessened its not gone ;) lol

I'm so glad all you ladies are the same! I thought I was just being selfish at first🙈 I don't know about you all but I spent the last few months wishing it to be over so I could have my baby, insisting I wouldn't miss my bump yet when it was all said & done I wanted it all back! Still, at least it's normal to think that way ☺️

Oh yes I have definitely felt that way after both of my pregnancies. At times I would feel better but over all it never really went away for me. It's not as bad this time around though. Probably because I have one adorable baby tornado and one in training who remind me every day that it might be a good idea to wait before I have a third child :haha:.

I wish the feeling would go now but i cant help feeling like i want another baby even though i never wanted three. I cant even look at anything pregnancy related because it makes me sad is crazy! Our five month old is such a great baby and easy going but part of me thinks that i dont want the stress of ttc again and possible miscarriages i just couldnt face it again.

I felt like this! When DD was born, she was taken to the side because she wasn't breathing on her own and they were stitching me up, I was crying and wailed out "I want to have another baby!"
You should've seen the look on DHs face :haha:

I felt like this! When DD was born, she was taken to the side because she wasn't breathing on her own and they were stitching me up, I was crying and wailed out "I want to have another baby!"
You should've seen the look on DHs face :haha:

Oh that's priceless!! Hahaha!

Yes me! Hence why we ended up with a relatively small age gap - 21 months. I missed being pregnant like crazy when I first had my DD and would feel jealous of pregnant ladies. I wanted another baby before we had even got out of hospital. I was pregnant again by the time she was 1. My second pregnancy was much harder with a toddler to look after and was a totally different experience. I did still have similar feelings after my son was born but definitely not as strong as 2 under 2 was really hard for the first few months. We are still 50/50 about number 3, if all the factors like house, money etc are right we might go for it but otherwise we will be happy with our two. I think it's just a normal hormonal thing after birth.

Erm, it didn't go away for me and I am now 9 weeks pregnant with baby 2. I was adamant when pregnant with my daughter that she would be our one and only, but only a few weeks after she was born I started feeling broody. My OH was on board with her having a sibling so here we are! I really hope I don't feel broody after baby 2 because two kids will definitely be our limit.

I felt the same after both pregnancies. Really missed my bump, feeling my baby move and the excitement going into labour etc... I do slightly get a lil jealous of pregnant woman and newborns but I don't want another just yet lol.

it was defo hormonal thing for me x

Oh my god you're all masochistic baby making machines! I honestly would have ripped my own toenails out before letting my partner anywhere near me with his bloody sperm for the whole first year! 18 months on I'm still very cautious. No ta!

Oh my god you're all masochistic baby making machines! I honestly would have ripped my own toenails out before letting my partner anywhere near me with his bloody sperm for the whole first year! 18 months on I'm still very cautious. No ta!

Lol but it does look from your sig that you had a rough ride of it :(
Hope next time round you get an easier time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"