Will we regret putting TTC on hold for a couple of months?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We have a 2.5 year old son, and I always wanted quite a close age gap between him and our second.

Circumstances have meant we haven't TTC until now, we bought a house in January and got married last weekend, we've been so busy!

I thought I'd be desperate to TTC after the wedding, but talking to DH yesterday we are both so exhausted, a pregnancy right now seems so daunting. The house still needs a lot of TLC and we finally have the time to focus on DIY, also I feel like I've not been able to be the best mum recently and now I'll have time to focus on Micah and do more fun things...

I don't do pregnancy well, I was very very sick last time and miserable. Also silly things like I want to enjoy a cider in our garden over the summer! I want to have dinner parties (not easy when the smell of anything cooking makes you heave!)

But at the same time I am afraid I'll really regret it if the age gap gets much bigger and all my reasons for delaying are so selfish. :/

Help!

I think I would consider a couple of things.

First I would say it's April now and the summer will only get busier and nicer. Maybe you do need to cut yourself a break and just let yourself go for a few months and then in the Autumn go for it?

Secondly, how quickly did Micah happen? Would NTNP be an option? Take your eye off the ball and just enjoy yourself in every way....you never know it may take a few months and in that time you can relax, DIY and do everything you want to do.

If you desperately need some time off, a couple of months isn't going to hurt in the long run. I truly believe that a happy mum makes a happy child and taking some time for yourself will help you no end if you feel it would be too much. Maybe make a list of things you want to do before you start trying (make sure the cider is on there! lol :thumbup:) and use it as a bucket list time.

you won't regret it. it is only few month! enjoy the summer, have some drinks! enjoy some sun and playtime with your boy and TTC in the fall!

Thanks everyone! Aimee-lou - Micah was a wonderful surprise, only once did our contraception fail and supposedly it wasn't my fertile time! So the possibility of a very short NTNP period is very real (although I'm also very aware that doesn't guarantee anything).

We have our honeymoon next week so I think we'll see how we feel after that.

Take the time! Doing what feels right for you is not selfish at all. I have no kids yet so I can't speak from experience, but I'd say your happiness, comfort and peace of mind is more important than sticking to an exact timeline. Enjoy being newlyweds, enjoy the DIY, and enjoy your time with Micah. Go with your own 'flow'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->