will you chose a section next time?!

No plans yet will be gunning for a vbac next time, ideally at home.

I will be choosing elective c-section next time

I hope I can VBAC. I had an awful delivery and aftercare from the emergency c section, I'd hate to go throughs it again.

Not sure...I had an awful labour, and like you I would hate to go through all that and end up with a c-section anyway.

I know my DH wants me to have a c-section next time as it really upset him to see what I went through, but part of me longs for a normal vaginal delivery...hmmm I suspect that I will only really know how I feel about it when i'm pregnant and have to make that decision.

Without a doubt I would go c-section! My waters broke but they decided on a c-section before I even had 1 contraction (reason for section was heart rate was so high and that was without contractions) so really I haven't experienced "labour" at all, but I had a really good experience and healed very easily and quickly so I would not even want to try a VBAC!

Not sure...I had an awful labour, and like you I would hate to go through all that and end up with a c-section anyway.

I know my DH wants me to have a c-section next time as it really upset him to see what I went through, but part of me longs for a normal vaginal delivery...hmmm I suspect that I will only really know how I feel about it when i'm pregnant and have to make that decision.

My DH said the same at first, but I'd hate to run around after a toddler and look after a newborn while recovering from a c section. I think I'll be consultant led so I'll know more when I've met him/her.

Check out the VBAC support thread in my siggy for some info and bits and bobs about choosing CBAC or VBAC

The thing to remember is that if you choose to VBAC and end up NEEDING a CS it'll usually be done far earlier than in other circumstances, wont be as rushed and it'll be done on your terms as you you are better informed and will have done everything you want to try before going down that route. It will be your choice rather than a choice made for you.

I planned an HBAC but we transfered in as I was bleeding heavily and got my hospital VBAC I'd never choose to ELCS if I have any more children, I'd VBAC a breech baby if that were the case.

hi my first was traumatic vbac
second elective c-section on 2 april!
i would choose section next time in instant!

i want to try a natural birth as i had a c section with my first, just scared my body wont open up as ive never had a natural :(

VBAC for me. I had a horrible labour but have been re-assured by the midwives that it's unlikely to be as bad again, and I'm hoping a better experience this time round will heal some of the mental scars from the first time (not sure what I'll do if it turns out bad again - go to pieces, probably!)

If I knew for sure I was only going to have two or three kids, I'd maybe be tempted by ELCS, but I can't promise I'll want to stop after that so would rather not limit myself to a certain number of c-sections.

I also have a bit of a morbid curiosity thing going on - I want to see if it really is THAT bad and how it feels second time round.

I had planned a vbac but for medical reasons I ended up electing to have another because it was pointing in that direction anyways.

I have had two sections with two different incisions so I am guessing I am done. lol

I am hoping to be able to choose an elective c-section next time. Like you said, I would love to go through with it naturally but the idea of nearly getting there and then being told I have to have another section at the last minute again is not something I think I can cope with, especially as I have to be put under GA...we shall see :s

I am young so I think I would try VBAC, but definetly not going to the hosipital I was at my OH could see my babies hair and then they took me for my section!!

Ideally I would like to VBAC but it will be near on impossible so it's 99% likely I'm having a section again. If things were different I'd much rather try VBAC, especially as I'll have a toddler this time too.

My MW assumed I'd just want a C-S with No2 and was surprised that I said I'd want to try natural if I could! :flower:

I want to have an elective this time round after an emergency one last time x

Vbac hopefully...I birth my first and second vaginally but my third was breech so had a c sec :)

I'm hoping for a VBAC but know as I cant be induced after a section that I may have to go for elective and that's fine. I'd prefer vaginal tho.

I will choose a c-section next time. I went through pain and dilated to a 9 to get a c-section. I don't want to go through that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->