Will you share you 'symptoms' with me?

OmiOmen

Mum of two
Reaction score
I am not embarrassed to admit that I am convincing myself I am pregnant even though it is probably just AF because I am sure I am not the only one here doing it. So I will share my 'symptoms' with you and would love to hear yours in return. With any luck this thread will keep going so even if it is AF I can do this all over again (as can you) next time. Although, I am not going to lie to you when my AF comes and one of you gets a BFP I will feel a little jealous. :haha:

Here is why I am convincing myself I am pregnant even though it is probably just AF;

*No idea when I am due on- I am BF’ing and not had a real period for about 2 years so I have no idea if I have/am ovulation or will anytime soon.
*I am HUGELY bloated- I know this is a sign of period but I never used to get it then. I have got massive bloated each time I was pregnant and it look more like a real bump than the one I had at 30 weeks. I was a size 8-10 last week and am a large 12 this because of the ‘bump’!
*Cramps- I know this is probably because I will have a period soon but it feels a lot like the stretching pains I got with DS and they have gone on for 5-7 days now.
*Leg cramps- I never got leg cramps until mid way though my pregnancy with DS and then once he was born I just got the odd mild ones. But the past few days I have had a lot of bad leg cramps (and I did have a high potassium dinner last night so it cannot simply be low potassium).
*I am really tiered- I have learned to go with less sleep since my son was born and he is sleeping better than ever before but I feel exhausted. Also a little faint.
*Sore boobs/minor BF’ing issues- My boobs are sore and DS is popping on and off a lot. At first I thought it was mastitis again but it is just not turning into that. Apparently milk tastes different when pregnant so can cause problems.
*I could smell the tea in the shops- It sounds strange but I was overwhelmed by the smell of the tea when I walked passed it (DH could not smell it at all). With each 3 pregnancies I got overwhelmed by the smell of washing powder and I did not feel too bad near that though.
*Timing- I knew (almost for sure) I was pregnant for 3 weeks before I got a BFP when pregnant with DS and if I am now I would be 1-2 (maybe 3) week pregnant so I keep calling the BFN I got recently a liar.
*Taste- Today the pickle in a sandwich and a pear tasted really sour even though DH did not agree. Although I never had much taste differance when pregnant with DS.
*My husband is encouraging me- DH keeps jokingly saying I am pregnant and clearly is hoping I am. I know this is in no why a pregnancy symptoms but he is encouraging my irrational thoughts!

I bet AF will not be long. :dohh:

I would if I knew for sure I was pregnant lol, sorry cant help much

I would if I knew for sure I was pregnant lol, sorry cant help much

I was thinking of those symptoms that could be pregnancy or just AF or even nothing but the imagination.

Well, I can add these to my list;
*stomach feeling bruised- I am still having cramps but my stomach feels busied. I have never had this when due on or in early pregnancy before, I am sure it is all related somehow but I have no idea how.
*(Warning TMI) Feeling diffident inside- I think my cervix is low and and more fluid. I actually have no idea if that is a sign of ovulation, a due period or pregnancy. :shrug: Sorry again for the TMI!

LOL, this was me about a month ago. I was so sure that I was pregnant as I had every symptom going and just felt exactly the same as I did when I was pregnant on Thomas. I didn't turn out to be pregnant - had to keep testing because I was so sure tests were wrong! - but I did ovulate soon after that for the first time since having Thomas (I'm also still breastfeeding). So that was the next best thing, as at least I am finally getting my cycle back! I really don't think I could have been totally imagining all of the pregnancy symptoms so my theory is that it was my hormones rebalancing themselves as my fertility returned.

I am wondering if it could be ovulation or a period, I think it has been so long that I have forgot what it is like. :dohh: I sort of felt like this about a month or two ago and it was nothing but I feel exactly like with DH except this really strange bruised feeling. I know how mad you can send yourslef when you are thinking of a BFP. :haha:

I hate the waiting game especially when your pregnancy tests come out negative and there are symptoms that you will have that are impossible to imagine up.

Lol I am so with you! I have convinced myself that I convinced myself I was pregnant. I have been having...
Extremely sore/tender BB's, which usually doesn't happen before AF
Nausea between 6-10pm every night, just like when I was pregnant with both DS's
Mild cramping/pulling pains in my uterus for about 2 weeks straight
Severe headaches
Dizzy spells
Leg cramps
Cravings (especially for pizza! mmmmm)
oh...and a week late for my period....
But I went into the ER for bloods thinking I was for sure pregnant and my HcG count was 0! Doc said it could be a chemical that for some reason isn't showing up on blood test, ultrasound, or urine test but he has never seen that before. Hard to say though, Doc seemed like an idiot lol. So now I wait to see what all comes of this :)

@missalisa, lol dang good luck with that!!

Lol I think the funniest part about it all is I'm starting to doubt if I even O'd this month! It's been a wacky cycle that not even the Doc could explain! Just before he came in to give me the results my sister was joking about how funny it would be if I was one of those mental women who convinced my body it was pregnant when I really wasn't, ya know the stories about women who carry 40 weeks, have the giant belly and everything and then theres no baby. When he said my level was 0 our jaws hit the floor! I wouldn't have been so shocked if I hadn't had 3 positive HPT's the day before.......lol I'm going all twilight zone in here!

aww thats so sad, Im sorry to hear! You seem to be handling it well at least, :)

Turns out I'm a raging optimist :) I wouldn't say it's fun, but there are such worse things that could happen! So I try to take it with a smile and an understanding that it will get better soon and could always be 10x worse than what it is. Gives me a reason to be grateful no matter what I'm going through!

It seems like you've been on here for a while, Im guessing you haven't always been in the Not Trying Not Preventing section though (did I say that backwards? lol)

I think I have convinced myself as well.
Last AF: March 14
Very Tiny Brown Spot & Cramps April 9th & April 10
Cold : April 11-17
BFN April 11th
AF Due: April 14th

I have stilled not started but I have had cramps for over a week and a half a little nausia but nothing extreme. However my boobs have not been sore this month at all and they usually are 4 or 5 days before AF. I have a pretty regular 31 day cycle but now I think I have convinced myself of PG and am prolonging AF. Help

Ugh I think I might be in the same boat as you. It sucks! lol. Have you tested since the 11th?

Atm I'm peeing constantly...
Increased appetite
Occasional bloating
AF not stable to calculate the fertiles months, but last one was 1st april
Bought my PG tests today to find out... Hope I am!!

Atm I'm peeing constantly...
Increased appetite
Occasional bloating
AF not stable to calculate the fertiles months, but last one was 1st april
Bought my PG tests today to find out... Hope I am!!

do you usually bleed when you're pregnant or is this your first baby? :)

I am 6dpo and I've been experiencing symptoms for a few days
Extremely tired
Nauseous/ dizzy on and off
Tiny bit of spotting
Increase in cm
Sore boobs
Sharp pains in ovary on right side, strange cramping in uterus
Headache
Vivid dreams( when I can fall asleep)
Extreme back pain

Lol my symptoms are coming and going now. But when they are here I have bloating, nausea, fatigue/can't sleep at night, headaches, very sore swollen boobs, more peeing, and back aches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->