Will your second bump get bigger sooner even if you have a large age gap?

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
Im on my second pregnancy (well, my fourth but the second two did not make it to 6 weeks). I feel like Im getting bigger already. I know this can happen if you don't have a lot of time between pregnancies because you stomach muscles havent bounced back etc, but is that also true if you've had years between pregnancies? My daughter is 4.

I'm interested to know this too. My tummy is noticeably bigger at 6+4. My son is also 4

I'm on my third pregnancy and despite it being 10 years since my last child was born, I definitely did start to show a lot sooner. At first it was just bloat, then it quickly turned to bloat and baby bump, and now it's been all baby for the past couple months. But now it seems like I'm slowing down on the growing, so that's weird. But yes, you most likely will get bigger sooner, even if it's been a long time :)

As far as I know you are always bigger witj your second. Never heard that it only happens when you conceive sooner. My son was 4 when I got pregnant, I have been sporting a real bump since 7 weeks and now get asked if I carry twins.:haha:

My twins are almost 4 and I didn't look bloated with them until 20 weeks, then showed a bump at around 23 weeks.

This time round I am so bloated in the pm, I look like I did last time at 5 months!! But all gone in the morning.

Congratulations laughingduck!

Well my son will be 4 the end of next month and my bump is defo bigger this time around. At this stage I was smaller with him! I don't think it matters how long it's been between pregnancies?

I'm not sure, so far my bump was smaller with my second and I'm thirteen weeks with my third and not really showing so I think its different for everyone.

Thanks for the replies! I thought the reason for the second bump being bigger sooner was because the stomache muscles haven't bounced back yet. I thought maybe a 4 year gap would be enoough time that it would no linger make a difference, but by the looks of things the second bump is (usually) bigger no matter what. I'm only 6.5 weeks and I've already gained 2lbs too. At the rate Im eating Im gonna be huge, I dont remember being nearly so ravenous with my first, I keep waking up in the middle of the night with such bad hunger pains, even though Ive been making sure to have a bedtime snack. If this keeps up I'll look 6 months by January. With my first I didnt show until 5/6 months.

I think it is to do with stomach muscles as well yeah, I find that since my first I always have a little bit of a belly anyway lol.

I did show slightly sooner with my daughter around 12 weeks rather than the 20 weeks I was with my son. However my bump with her was a LOT smaller than with him at full term.

I thought I'd show even quicker this time but not got much of a bump yet.

I have a big age gap between my first two. It's over 4 years. And yes I did get big really quickly. At 2 months I looked about 5 months pregnant lol!

my tummy is high and round(3rd baby....4th pregnancy)....my dr said its partially bloating and the fact that my uterus basically has "muscle memory". but for some reason my uterus must be only remember 5-6months because that's what I look like. I get so embarrassed when ppl ask and I have to say "2 months" lol

Interesting thread...it's funny for me cuz I am noticing the opposite with this pregnancy. For me though I think it's cuz with my first I had a super flat belly. I showed right away. I tried to work on my stomach muscles but still hv some extra pudge left from my 2.5 year old. I still am not really showing and I'm 9.5 weeks. I hear it's usually the opposite though...

Interesting thread...it's funny for me cuz I am noticing the opposite with this pregnancy. For me though I think it's cuz with my first I had a super flat belly. I showed right away. I tried to work on my stomach muscles but still hv some extra pudge left from my 2.5 year old. I still am not really showing and I'm 9.5 weeks. I hear it's usually the opposite though...

some ladies have all the luck! lol I would give you this gut if I could...it looks like fat use to be pregnant gut. lol

some ladies have all the luck! lol I would give you this gut if I could...it looks like fat use to be pregnant gut. lol

Lololololol.:rofl:

I just think that someone is giving me a pass this time. With my son I was huge...at 5.5 months I looked like I swallowed a watermelon. It was embarrassing...ppl would ask me if I was due soon and I still had half way to go!

Good luck ladies...it's all about a healthy baby anyway n not the size.I know it makes it impossible to hide but I'm using some roomy shirts and dresses for now. we can worry how big we are once our cute screaming babes hv given us our bodies back!

Lololololol.:rofl:

I just think that someone is giving me a pass this time. With my son I was huge...at 5.5 months I looked like I swallowed a watermelon. It was embarrassing...ppl would ask me if I was due soon and I still had half way to go!

Good luck ladies...it's all about a healthy baby anyway n not the size.I know it makes it impossible to hide but I'm using some roomy shirts and dresses for now. we can worry how big we are once our cute screaming babes hv given us our bodies back!

very true. lol cant wait to see my little curly haired womb raider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->