Willow Alexandra born 11/11/09 ([LONG]tramatic expeirence)

jelix9408

Mommy to Willow <3
Reaction score
WARNING​
my story may not be pleasant!​

My due date was November 12th. but the doctor wanted to induce me early because she thought Willow was going to be big. so they planned on inducing me November 9th. We waited and waited and waited for a call from the hospital to go in to be induced .. but it never came. So tuesday (November 10th) came and we must have called the hospital about 5 times throughout the day seeing if there were any beds open. but no luck. We called at about 8pm asking the same question ( i was so eager to be induced .. i was sick with the flu and hadnt slept in day because my hips hurt SO bad) they said there was one more person ahead of me then they would call me. So i figured they wouldnt call me that night so i jumped in the shower .. did my hair in my bedtime braids and got in my pajamas. Layd down on my bed with my OH and we just chatted about how i was feeling and how we were so eager to meet out little girl. At 9:45 we got a call from an unknown number called and my heart dropped.
I answered and it was a nurse from the hospital asking us to come in to be induced. I dropped the phone and told my OH and mom to hurry up and change because it was a drive to the hospital and we only had an hour to get there before they would call someone else to go in and take our spot.

So i got to the hospital .. checked in and was put in a room to change. They took my blood, put in my IV, hooked me up to the heart monitor and contraction monitor and put in the cervidil. that took about an hour for everything. I was 2cm dilated and my cervix was pretty thick and still a little high when i got to the hospital. which i had been like that for about a week. within 2 hours i was contracting .. when all cervidil is supposed to do is thin out the cervix. by 4am i was having contractions every 2-3 mins they were intense and hurt a tiny bit but were ok enough to handle cause i had a little break between them. By 5am they were one on top of the other. I couldnt handle it anymore because they were SO intense so i buzzed the nurse from pain meds. She came in a put something into my IV drip called Nubain which worked WONDERS! lol. As soon as she put it in the drip i felt a warm sensation come over my whole body .. then all the pain stopped. and it made me a bit drowsey which was good because i was SO tired. So i laughed a few times with my OH because it made me feel really good .. then i went to sleep for about 2 hours.

Woke up at 7:30am to the new nurse coming in to check everything. She introduced herself .. her name was Sue and she was such a sweetheart. She left and came back with the doctor on call. She checked me to take the cervidil out .. but they couldnt find it .. it wasnt there. I think it fell out overnight during one of my many bathroom runs lol and they also broke my water. So they told me they were going to start the pitocin and by then i was already feeling the contractions again .. so they told me that i should go ahead and get the epidural because i had told them thats what i wanted during labor for pain. So i took there advice and got the epidural .. which was awesome! It didnt really hurt at all. Id rather get 100,000 of those back to back then feel what i had to feel later on that day ...

So they explained to me they wouldnt check me to often because the risk of infection due to my waters being broken ..and i was on a continuous drip of the epidural so that if it were to wear off or i would feel pain i could push a button and it would give me more medicine and that the rest of it was just a waiting game. They came back at about 12 .. checked me and told me i was 3cm and my cervix was still thick .. and high. i must have pushed the button 4 times within the next couple of hours due to feeling the contractions in my right side.. they came in twice to check me and there was no change. Except the fact that my legs were completely numb and i couldnt move or feel them. So the nurse told me not to push the button anymore cause i was so numb.

I then started feeling INTENSE contractions that were reading in the 100s on the monitor .. which were an accurate number because they had to put a monitor behind my cervix to really be able to tell how strong my contractions were. They also ended up putting a monitor on Willows scalp because she kept kicking it off my belly.

At about 5pm Sue checked me again and STILL 3cm and no change at all. So she said that they would probably want to do a C-section and she went off and got things "just in case" they wanted to do one. With her going to grab the things "just in case" they wanted to do one .. i just knew it was going to happen. I wasnt scared of it happeneing but i so wanted that experience of the vaginal and having her put on my chest right after bring born. Then a different doctor came in and checked me. She was extremely nice and told me that in her opinion the best bet was to have a C-section because she thought Willows head was tilted and she was basically stuck. She could feel the golf ball size lump on Willows head and she told me that Willow was smacking into my cervix trying to come down into the birthcanal but since i wasnt dilating she was stuck. So i looked at my OH and asked his opinion .. he told me he would support whatever choice i made and whatever i thought was best. So i told the doctor i would do whatever she thought was best for me and Willow .. She told me she thought that having a C-section was best. So i agreed as it was the best bet for Willow with the golfball lump forming on the back of her head wasnt good. She told me they would have the O.R ready in about 45 min to an hour and after she left i just started to cry. My hormones got the best of and i so badly wanted a vaginal birth. My cousins were in the room and they consoled me as did my OH. My mom was also in the room but left because she was overwhelmed with knowing what i was about to go through .. She knows the pain with having 3 C-sections herself.

About 5 minutes after the doctor left the room Sue and another nurse were unhooking me from the monitors and stuff and telling my OH to change into scrubs. After about 15 minutes i was being wheeled into the O.R which was cold and scary. They switched me to the operating table and my back hurt SOOO bad. They tied my hands down .. asked a bunch of questions .. and within 10-15 minutes of watching the nurses and doctors run around the O.R getting things ready and my getting the shakes (which were uncontrolable). My OH entered the O.R and sat next to me. They started checking my left side asking if i was numb... which i was completely numb on my left side. The next thing i know i was in extreme pain .. screaming and crying .. begging them to stop. My right side wasnt numb .. and they DIDNT check my right side. I was feeling EVERYTHING they were doing to me. I felt every slice .. poke .. pull .. EVERYTHING! I remember my OH saying stay still and i screamed back i cant it hurts to bad...After a few minutes of screaming and crying in pain and numerous attempts of pain reliever through my epidural placement in my back .. the doctor looked over the sheet covering my view and said "were right at your uterus .. were about to take the baby out .. can you handle the pain for a few more minutes?" i told her i guess because i just wanted it to be over with already .. but then the anesthesiologist said "give me 20 seconds then go ahead" i remember seeing him put something into my IV drip and that was it .. i was knocked out. I was seeing colors and shapes and everything in my head while i was knocked out .. but it wasnt like i was completely asleep. i couldnt feel anything and i couldnt open my eyes but i could hear everything around me .. i honestly thought i was dieing because they didnt tell me what they were doing when they put me to sleep. I remember getting scared because i couldnt feel myself breath. i knew i was taking a deep breath .. but i couldnt feel myself breathing.

Next thing i know i started opening my eyes to my OH saying "you did it! she here!" and hearing Willow cry. I closed my eyes again and opened them to having Willow next to my head but i was so doped up on the meds they gave me throughout the C-section i couldnt see her because i was seeing 2 of everything. My OH showed me her footprints and i couldnt even see that.I tried to look at my OH but couldnt without my eyes crossing. My OH kissed my forehead said he loved me and i closed my eyes again .. opened them and tried to look for him and he was gone with Willow. Closed them again and heard the nurses and doctors cleaning up. Felt them sewing me back up. Then i was wheeled into the recovery room. I remember trying so hard to open my eyes but i couldnt .. they felt so heavy .. and shaking uncontrolable. I mustve had the shakes for an hour before i could control them. Then i remember my mom and OH coming to see me and i woke up straight away .. Then they told me how beautiful Willow was and how much she weighed. I wasnt allowed to see her for about 2 hours .. until they made sure i was stable enough to be put in my room.

After 2 hours i was wheeled into my room where my OH, Willow and my family were waiting for me. They put me on my bed and handed me my beautiful babygirl. And it was one of the most AMAZING feelings to see my daughter for the first time. First thing i said was "She looks just like her daddy" lol.
Weve now been home for a week tomorrow. And being a mommy is an awesome feeling. I look at her everyday and think how lucky i am to have her in my life now. I have my own little family now and its amazing.
I cant imagine not having my OH and family there like they have been. They stood by me and every choice i made that day and i feel truly blessed to finally have my little girl .. my OH and my family. My OH has been so amazing with Willow .. i knew he would be a good dad but hes topped that .. hes a GREAT dad and seeing him with Willow makes me fall in love with him all over again. and my mom has been such a great help i honestly dont know where i would be without her support and help!

So Willow Alexandra Hernandez was born 11/11/09 at 6:48pm weighing 6lbs 14oz 19 1/2 inches long via C-section. Even though i had a horrible experience with my C-section it was all worth it because both me and my little girl are home and completely healthy. And im healing perfectly. ( i was up walking around 12 hours after being cut open! )

sorry for the long post .. wanted to make sure everyone knew about my eventful day lol.

Attachments

• 15835_174786618842_507253842_2894743_1869492_n.jpg
    15835_174786618842_507253842_2894743_1869492_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1258447780_c7c20ed9c83fd85691c60cab6b75f5c9.jpg
    1258447780_c7c20ed9c83fd85691c60cab6b75f5c9.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 48
  • l_a7ce408096a6446c973de1b4b752c70a.jpg
    l_a7ce408096a6446c973de1b4b752c70a.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 15835_174786623842_507253842_2894744_3748086_n.jpg
    15835_174786623842_507253842_2894744_3748086_n.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 125
Wow hun, that must have been dreadfully painful when you could feel everything down your right side, what an awful thing to go through :hugs: Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, at least you have a lovely reward for all the pain. Love her name too! :thumbup:

aww huni congrats you have a beautiful baby - i love the name too :hugs:

Congratulations, shes absolutely beautiful. But I would be looking for answers about why you werent given a general anaesthetic as soon as they realised your block wasnt and wasnt going to work

Omg, that sounds horrifying. I am glad you are ok! Congrats!

Sorry you had such a terrifying experience but congratulations on your daughter, she's lovely :hugs:

Oh my gosh thats so awful, a girl opposite me in hospital when i had Poppy had a similar experience. You poor poor thing. Willow is absolutely gorgeous and what a beautiful name! Congratulations to you and OH xxxxxx

Glad you're okay . Congrats on the beautiful baby girl . By the way love the name choice .

She is Beautiful , Im sure she was well worth the Pain in the End .

Sorry to hear you had such a traumatic experience! But Willow is beautiful xxx

wow how what a birth story. you were so brave. congrats on willow, she is gorgeous. enjoy your new baby. :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->