Wine during TWW?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by dashnbohemian, Jun 4, 2011.

1. dashnbohemian

dashnbohemian Well-Known Member

Does anyone enjoy a glass of wine here & there during the TWW? & What about smoking during the TWW?
    I had a glass of wine with dinner & feel so guilty.:cry:

2. redbubble

redbubble Well-Known Member

Personally i dont, but tbh i dont really drink that much anyway (cant afford to :rofl: )
    I dont smoke either.....
    I usually only drink when i get AF and maybe up to cd10 maximum. I think i'd just feel too guilty otherwise lol
    xx

3. smokey

smokey Mummy to a monkey

Dont feel too guilty as long as your sensible and not getting off your face a glass of wine wont hurt.

4. emsie_123

emsie_123 Well-Known Member

Ive heard that "act pregnant, once you are pregnant" A glass of wine can relax your body and actually be good for concieving. Like Smokey said, as long as you're sensible it cant do any harm :)

5. Leilahs_mummy

Leilahs_mummy Well-Known Member

I agree with what others have said.

When I was trying to conceive my first I gave up everything completely. Then I fell pregnant and miscarried. I was desperate to fall pregnant again but thought it was never going to happen. Then I had the realisation that I could be giving up have the odd glass or to two of alcohol for the rest of my life - because who knows when/if you will fall pregnant (please don't take offence to that...)

So I will continue having a glass or two when and I feel like until I see a BFP then I will be giving it up completely :)

6. karla1

karla1 proud mummy of 1

for the first 12 months i gave it up altogether but was so depressed that it had not happened i went to doc who reffered us to a FS but when i asked him about it he said to chill out and relax about things and when i am preggas i will have to give it up then so until then dont put myself under any stress and carry on my life if i fancy a drink have one.

he also said look at all those teenagers that get drunk (and i mean plastered) have a one night stand and get pregnant and have happy healthy babies (not sure if this thought helped or not) but it is true

so dont feel guilty

7. bacon

bacon Well-Known Member

I asked my doc about alcohol, OTC drugs, etc, and he said until about 7 weeks, it's not an issue. BUT it depends on who you consult. one of the NPs I work with, when I was 3.5 weeks pg, suggested I cut down the caffeine, no alcohol, etc, and like emsie_123 said, act as if you're pregnant. Undecided on this one.

8. wantanerd

wantanerd Well-Known Member

I am drinking wine during my TWW mostly because next weekend will be my mom's wedding and I want to drink wine with her. The moment I know I am pregnant, I will swear off the wine but I think a glass or two helps relax me and that's what I need during the next two weeks

9. LilLeafyLea

LilLeafyLea Well-Known Member

I'm drinking a glass of guilt free wine right now lol! xx

10. wantanerd

wantanerd Well-Known Member

NICE!!!! I may join you tonight.

11. dashnbohemian

dashnbohemian Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I seriously just had ONE glass at a dinner party & was around smokers... went to a wedding the next day & didn't partake in the wine drinking. When I was pregnant with my son I drank before I knew I was pregnant BUT I wasn't trying with him so I didn't deal with this 'guilty' feeling. oi!

12. Msw454

Msw454 TTC Our Rainbow!!

It was our first anniversary this month, so I had just one glass of wine 10 dpo. Now I'm late and so worried!!!! Did u by chance ask your doc about this???!

13. caity86

caity86 Taking a Break

I wouldnt worri about the glass of wine hon. They say a glass or 2 a week wen pregnant is ok, and you deserve a wee glass on your anniversary!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14. Emma11511

Emma11511 Julian's mummy

My friend didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 7and a half months gone, and because she didn't know, she was living her normal life, and that included New Year's Eve celebrations! She was of her head a few times before she knew, but now Ethan is a perfectly healthy baby, and they were allowed home the same day he was born :)