Wine during TWW?

dashnbohemian

Reaction score
Does anyone enjoy a glass of wine here & there during the TWW? & What about smoking during the TWW?
I had a glass of wine with dinner & feel so guilty.:cry:

Personally i dont, but tbh i dont really drink that much anyway (cant afford to :rofl: )
I dont smoke either.....
I usually only drink when i get AF and maybe up to cd10 maximum. I think i'd just feel too guilty otherwise lol
xx

Dont feel too guilty as long as your sensible and not getting off your face a glass of wine wont hurt.

Ive heard that "act pregnant, once you are pregnant" A glass of wine can relax your body and actually be good for concieving. Like Smokey said, as long as you're sensible it cant do any harm :)

I agree with what others have said.

When I was trying to conceive my first I gave up everything completely. Then I fell pregnant and miscarried. I was desperate to fall pregnant again but thought it was never going to happen. Then I had the realisation that I could be giving up have the odd glass or to two of alcohol for the rest of my life - because who knows when/if you will fall pregnant (please don't take offence to that...)

So I will continue having a glass or two when and I feel like until I see a BFP then I will be giving it up completely :)

for the first 12 months i gave it up altogether but was so depressed that it had not happened i went to doc who reffered us to a FS but when i asked him about it he said to chill out and relax about things and when i am preggas i will have to give it up then so until then dont put myself under any stress and carry on my life if i fancy a drink have one.

he also said look at all those teenagers that get drunk (and i mean plastered) have a one night stand and get pregnant and have happy healthy babies (not sure if this thought helped or not) but it is true

so dont feel guilty

I asked my doc about alcohol, OTC drugs, etc, and he said until about 7 weeks, it's not an issue. BUT it depends on who you consult. one of the NPs I work with, when I was 3.5 weeks pg, suggested I cut down the caffeine, no alcohol, etc, and like emsie_123 said, act as if you're pregnant. Undecided on this one.

I am drinking wine during my TWW mostly because next weekend will be my mom's wedding and I want to drink wine with her. The moment I know I am pregnant, I will swear off the wine but I think a glass or two helps relax me and that's what I need during the next two weeks

I'm drinking a glass of guilt free wine right now lol! xx

Thanks ladies! I seriously just had ONE glass at a dinner party & was around smokers... went to a wedding the next day & didn't partake in the wine drinking. When I was pregnant with my son I drank before I knew I was pregnant BUT I wasn't trying with him so I didn't deal with this 'guilty' feeling. oi!

Does anyone enjoy a glass of wine here & there during the TWW? & What about smoking during the TWW?
I had a glass of wine with dinner & feel so guilty.:cry:

It was our first anniversary this month, so I had just one glass of wine 10 dpo. Now I'm late and so worried!!!! Did u by chance ask your doc about this???!

I wouldnt worri about the glass of wine hon. They say a glass or 2 a week wen pregnant is ok, and you deserve a wee glass on your anniversary!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My friend didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 7and a half months gone, and because she didn't know, she was living her normal life, and that included New Year's Eve celebrations! She was of her head a few times before she knew, but now Ethan is a perfectly healthy baby, and they were allowed home the same day he was born :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->