Wipes & Wetbags

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Next on our list, a couple of wetbags and some wipes.

We were going to get the Cheeky Wipes but having read up, we think we are going to go with the Wee Notions ones. For those that use them, did you bother getting a couple of tubs for clean and used or did you just thrown them in the dirty nappy pail?

And where can I find some funky wetbags too?

:flower:

xxx

I have large plastic boxes from Wilkinsons that were about £2-3 each, then they go in the bucket with the nappies

I have organic cotton flannels which are about the same size as a wet wipe, they are fine, I have different colours for face and bottie which get washed separately.

I got the pink and white spot wet bag from itti bitti which is really nice and does the job!

I made my own wipes out of a fleece blanket :shrug: It was a lounge fleece throw- cost me £2 and i could get about 50+ wipes out of it!!!

Getting some foaming solution from Donna (Millie's nappies) and will just use them dry with a pump of foam...only using reusable wipes in the house and johnsons ones out and about and for poopies :D

Yeh I also have about 20 I cut from a small blanket - they are fine but I find they dry out too much in the box, the flannels seem to hold the moistness better

I make my own solution, but you can buy it made up , or can get like cubes to dissolve, mine is water, a few drops of oils (at the moment I use lavender and chamomile) and a bit of burts bees body wash

I'm not so keen on the wipe cubes, they smell scrummy but i don't like the residue they leave

Im loving my cushie tushie wetbag, you get a little bag attached to it for wipes too :D

I love our big WeeNotions bag - perfect for weekends away, too....aaand I might have a custom double pocket wetbag and matching wipes bag coming from Monkeyfoot....:cloud9:
We've used cheeky wipes since birth and I have some WeeNotions on order. I use water and different oils now my original one has run out, and we keep them in a wipes warmer which keeps them moist but has an antibacterial pillow thing :flower:

I also cut up a fleece blanket for wipes & liners. Does the job just fine but some people prefer double sided with flanel to help scrub poo off. I mix my own solution with water, a few drops of olive oil for moisture & Tea tree & sweet orange oils in a tupperware tub & leave ffleece wipes in the tub.

https://www.babycity.co.uk/baby-gif...um=marketing_medium&utm_campaign=froogle_feed for clean, nappy bucket for dirty :happydance:

oh and i use close parent bamboo wipes (although i have ordered some weenotions ones, simply as i was already paying postage lol) :thumbup:

i still have heaps of dispoable wipes stocked up but will be using washable after they run out. i seen this kit if you are interested... it seems to cover everything you asked about and cheeky wipes are highly rated

https://www.cheekywipes.com/baby-wipes-kit.html

I dont like plain fleece for wipes, it smears rather than cleans. My favorites seem to have become the Ellas House wipes..which is odd! I love my WN wipes but really the Ellas House ones are great for poo, the hemp cleans it up brill. Plus they are cheap.
I love my wipe cubes, havent found they left a residue but that might just be the batch I have?
Ive done them a few different ways but prefer the way I do them now which is to wet them and have them in a klip lock container. Means I can just grab it if Im going out.
Wetbag wise I love my MF wetbags, the zips are great and the thickness of the bags is brill too. I have a GK VHC one which is nice but the zip isnt as good and its a bit thinner. The Itti one is lovely, I do like their zip the best but you cant buy them from shops.

I just keep them stacked up dry next to the nappies, and we have a little tub we fill with warm water every time we change the boy, and then just throw the dirty wipes in with the dirty nappies. Works well for us. And I have a plethora of wipes from weenotions, they are good.

I made my own but if I'd bought I'd have gone with WNs :)

I have 2 tubs with click lids from Ikea - I got them because the lids clicked on and off easily with one hand.

My clean solution is camomile tea and a few drops of lavender and the 'dirty' is water and tea tree oil. I tend to just put used ones in Sid's nappy, like you would a disposable only I chuck the lot in the pail rather than the bin. The 'dirty' box doesnt often have wipes in it because of that but as I use them on Hebe but she wears disposables (I didnt move her to cloth as I'm potty training soon) I still put hers in for convenience. The boxes live on the second shelf on the change table and its much easier with them than throw away wipes because you dont have to pick them out of the cloth nappy to throw away!! :lol:

I used throw away wipes during the night for convenience :)
pic 107.jpg

pic 108.jpg

Oh Mervs mum- GREAT set up! I've seen boxes that big and think i'm gonna steal your idea!! Possibly a daft question, but do you put pooey wipes in the dirty box or just ones used for wee?

(Trying to figure out the point of a 'dirty' box if you already have a nappy bin.. is it just cos dirty wipes should be soaked?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->