Wisdom teeth - terrified

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I dont know what to do, I have needed to have my 4 wisdom teeth out now for about 2 years and I keep putting it off. First it was my wedding, then I was pregnant and then I had the baby. Two of them are impacted meaning they will require surgical extraction. I dont know whether to have all 4 out at once or 2 at a time. I am worried how will I nurse and look after my little baby if I have them out. Am I just making excuses?
My brother had his out and had a very short recovery time and not too much pain at all, others I know said its really bad and they were swollen and in pain for a week.

Please let me know how your experience was:-#:-#:-#:-#:-#

I had all 4 cut out because they were going to screw up the rest of my teeth. They hadn't even come through my gums yet, so my experience was expected to be more painful. It wasn't that bad. Just make sure you take the medications they prescribe (I had tylenol 2's or 3's - can't remember which)
You may be a little tired, but I'm sure you'll be fine taking care of the baby after wards.
Everyone is different, you could end up swollen, and in pain, or you could be like your brother and it could be easy!
I know myself, I was in highschool, and I pretended it was a lot worse than it was so that I could get the extra days off school.. :rofl: But it wasn't all that bad!!

You'll be fine! :)

I was asleep.

I woke up woozy and slept for 3 hours.

I then went out to eat which was silly because I accidently bit down too hard and tears started coming down my face. Then I started falling asleep as we left.

But the overall experience wasn't bad for me because I insisted on not being awake. I have no idea what it is like if they don't give you the gas.

Oh I also lost 7 pounds that week! All I ate was applesauce and mashed potatoes!!! :rofl:

Its really not all that bad, I am a dental nurse and have been there while it is done and plus I have also had it done myself (just one wisdom tooth) it was a lower one which can be way worse than the top, I was suppose to be sedated but because I had a seminar to do the next day I just had some local and it was fine, I had a few stitches, but was fine to do my seminar at 9 am the next morning. Tbh it depends how you can handle pain and most women are very good at that considering we are the ones that give birth !!!!! Lol Dont worry hun the sooner you get it done the better. After you get teeth out you are told to resume normal activities anyway unless you are sedated then you cant be left alone for 24hrs after until you are back to normal.

It is really not that bad.

I had all mine out last winter (all were impacted as well). Really follow the directions they give you carefully, especially for avoiding dry sockets. When you get home either use an ice pack around your head or use a bag of peas. The longer you can keep ice on the better. Sleep sitting upright if you can, it helps with the swelling and that way if you drool a bit you won't ruin your pillows :)rofl:). The last thing is soaking gauze in black tea (room temprature) and placing it in your mouth. DO NOT suck. Just hold it in there, it helps with bleeding.

Take my advice and do it all at once. You'll be glad that you won't have to go through the ordeal again. If you're carefull you will feel much better after only 3-4 days. Good luck! :hugs:

I had 2 taken out a few years ago, and i was totally put out for it, I do suggest that, when i woke up i couldnt talk much but they gave me stuff for the pain and it took about a week to heal and feel better, I didnt eat much the first few days, But i was terrified too, but it turned out okay . The only thing i regret is not getting them all out at once . Good luck hun.

hun just get it over and done with the longer you leave it the worse they will get. i had one wisdom tooth out asleep and one out awake, the one asleep was fine just slept and felt fine afterwards, the one when i was awake was fine to i wasnt scared as the tooth was causing me so much pain i couldnt wait to get it out all i felt was the dentist push into my gum and then the tooth came straight out, painless!
good luck

I just had my upper and lower pulled on the left side. The upper one popped right out, the lower one had a curved root, so it was quite a struggle to get it out. JEEEESUS, that hurt. I bled like a pig for 24 hours. My face wasnt terribly swollen, but it hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->