Wish I could just skip the first trimester!

snazz

Reaction score
I'm still only 4 weeks and 3 days along and I keep reading all the scary miscarriage stats. Every cramp that I get stresses me out. I want to tell people but it's still too early - I called my doctor and she won't even see me until I'm at least 8 weeks. And the nausea and fatigue and moodiness are killing me. And I went ahead and bit the bullet as soon as I get my pregnancy test as being positive and told my boss so now I'm stressed about that too

I wish I could just skip this phase and move into the second trimester where it's way happier!

Sorry just wanted to vent!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :) Try not not stress, though I know it's hard. The nausea and fatigue are good signs though! Just try to enjoy the moment. :) The first few weeks just dragged on and on for me, and as I'm approaching second trimester it finally feels like the pregnancy is picking up speed! You'll get there. :) Will your doctor at least do beta blood tests to make sure your hcg is rising properly? I know that helps a lot of women relax during their first few weeks of pregnancy.

I'm not fond of first trimester either, but more because of how slow it goes! I just trust that everything will work out as best as possible. I try to enjoy every small thing, the cramps, the bloating, the moodiness. What will happen will happen, and I prefer to enjoy it and try to stay positive!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and really just try to enjoy yourself.

The earlier you find out you're pregnant, the slower first tri seems to go. In a week or so I'll be halfway but the other half will drag. I'm just glad I'm not alone and have other people on here in the same boat as me. You'll be ok :)

I felt the same and in fact posted something very similar. Someone gave me this link https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=03&d=01&y=15 and I started off at 4 weeks and now I'm 8 + 5! It is still dragging for me but just take each day as it comes. The stats are terrifying but as someone said to me if the beginning....we hear the sad stories on here because this is where people come to talk about it.

My new fear is a missed miscarriage. 😞 a friend told me that women have been having babies for thousands of years and I must enjoy this time and not worry about what hasn't happened. Easier said than done I know but I'm going to try and take that advice! Xx

I know what you mean, it does seem to be dragging doesn't it. I can't believe I only found out just over a week ago. First trimester can be a worrying time but Im trying to enjoy it as much as possible :hugs:

I felt like this 100% with my first, now I'm a sahm it's going quickly because I'm focused on ds more then little bean!
Still, can't wait to get my scan and be out of first tri!

I hear ya! I feel like I've been in the first trimester for 9 months already.....roll on 12 weeks! Try not to worry and stay away from google. Wishin you a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Yeah it's tought, just keep wishing to fast forward thru to June! Found out on 1st April when I was exactly 3 weeks so feels like I have know for ages already. Just want to hurry up and reach 12 weeks, get my first scan and be able to tell everyone. I feel greatfull that I have lots of symptoms because that's a sign that the hcg levels are going up and I started being sick today too but like you say, the constant nausea and exhaustion and all the rest of it really starts to get to you! My kids were trying to look after me like I do with them when they have stomach bugs this morning after they heard me being sick and telling me to keep drinking water but to only have tiny sips! Hehe! They are so cute!

I'm just terrified for the whole pregnancy! Well first to get to 6 weeks as thats when I had my mc last year. Then to get to 37 weeks when I will be induced.

Usually I hate the way christmas seems to come round so quickly each year, this time it's going to be the longest wait ever!! I usually love summer but I can't wait for this one to be over and for it to be winter.

I agree - the 1st tri is the hardest/longest it seems! For me the first couple of weeks was SUPER slow.... but once I got to around 7-8 weeks, the time started to go faster and now I'm getting close to 11 weeks already!
I had a MMC last year so this pregnancy has been especially worrisome for me. I google way too much on miscarriages and what are the chances, etc and need to learn to stay off! I bought a home Doppler around 8 weeks and hear the baby every now and then. I don't hear it everyday due to my anterior placenta, but I did hear it again this morning and it's reassuring :)
Hang in there hun!

I totally understand this feel. It feels like ages ago that we discovered I was pregnant, and it was only about a month and a half ago. However, I caught a lucky break - I just had my dating scan earlier this week, and the baby was measuring a week ahead of schedule, so I got to skip a week! I'm so close to second tri now I can feel it. But...that doesn't help you, sorry!

One thing that helped me get through it was that every single morning, I would stand there with my hands on my belly and just close my eyes and repeat to myself "Today, I am pregnant." It helped me be in the moment instead of worrying.

I totally understand this feel. It feels like ages ago that we discovered I was pregnant, and it was only about a month and a half ago. However, I caught a lucky break - I just had my dating scan earlier this week, and the baby was measuring a week ahead of schedule, so I got to skip a week! I'm so close to second tri now I can feel it. But...that doesn't help you, sorry!

One thing that helped me get through it was that every single morning, I would stand there with my hands on my belly and just close my eyes and repeat to myself "Today, I am pregnant." It helped me be in the moment instead of worrying.

Aww I love that, I'm going to start saying that each morning 😊. I remember just wanting to get to the next stage of pregnancy last time and then when he was born I missed having him all safe in my belly. Im trying to make a conscious effort to enjoy each stage this time as I know I'll miss it when it's over.

I think once all your appointments start it will stop dragging, I remember looking at my ticker and thinking "only 5+3, something is wrong here I am at lest 33 weeks by now... seems like forever!" but once you are having appointments it goes so quick :(

I know what you mean, it has gone so slow for me too. I had heaps of cramps in the early weeks, some cramps are normal :)
Also I actually found coming on here less made time seem to go quicker, and also I stopped worrying about miscarriages when I came on here less.

I know what you mean I am 13 wks so just about there. The time went soo slow and then you worry a bit about everything.

I feel like it's dragging but when I realised that I found out I am pregnant about 5 weeks ago it suddenly seems to have gone quite quickly?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->