Wish me luck- first midwife appointment in an hour!

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
So I've got my first midwife appointment today, where I'm going to breech the subject of a homebirth. I'm expecting a lot of opposition because I have physical and mental health problems, but I don't see them as any cause for concern. Infact I think having a homebirth would actually make things a lot easier.
I've also looked into getting a doula and had a few replies :) I'm waiting until after this appointment then I'm going to arrange to meet them and hopefully find someone nice :) I've found one who has had 3 homebirths herself and is currently on call for a woman having a homebirth in my area :happydance:

Please wish me lots of luck in getting an understanding, sensible midwife.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

All the best for the appointment but remember it really doesn't matter if you have THEE most unsupportive, anti home birth mw on the planet, you don't need anyone's permission or blessing. :) if it's doesn't go how you hope, dont feel you have to justify yourself or make your case. Just smile, nod and thank them for their help and advice :)

Thanks Lisa.

I am in total shock! The midwife was lovely! Soooo supportive. She said she loves homebirths. She said I will have to be under a consultant purely because I had a c-section last time as there's a risk the scar could rupture. She also said that its common that women with M.E get too tired to push and end in c-section births (but I know loads of women with M.E that have had natural births so we shall see!)

But overall I'm over the moon to have such a supportive positive midwife :D Its really not what I was expecting. Just need to find a doula now :)

That's excellent! Makes a big difference doesn't it. :) Just bare in mind that you don't 'HAVE' to be under a consultant that's just their policy to refer you. Just as you don't HAVE to have her blessing to chose to be at home you also don't need the consultants.....and they are rarely as supportive. The risk of uterine rupture is less than half a percent. I recommend you do some research on this as its the thing VBACers are warned about over and over when the risk is very low. We aren't warned about the risk of cord prolapse in a normal pregnancy or of uterine rupture when being induced without having had a previous CS yet the risk in those scenarios is higher than the risk to your scar ;)

Good luck finding a doula and planning your HBAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->