Wish people would keep their noses out!!

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
Been to a lovely christening today, and at the bar afterwards I saw they stocked becks blue. Happy me orders one, goes to sit down and starts to pour into a glass. I then hear the people on the table behind me discussing that I was drinking lager. I am not a confrontational person at all, hate it, but did turn to tell them what I was drinking and they made it into a conversation that they though to start with I was drinking a bottle of lager. I'm sorry, but who's business is it if I am?? Surely that's my educated decision to make and I don't expect strangers to be openly discussing what I do.

Ggrrrrrrrr.....sorry it just really pissed me off. Rant over.

id have gone over to the table and told them to mind their own business and keep my name out their mouths as it has f*ck all to do with them... then id make sure I was suddenly super thirsty and drank the bottle in one go, to then get another, and another, and another... I wonder if they would've actually said anything to YOU... my guess is no, because people like that never do! idiots x

Idiots!

I was buying cider for my OH earlier today, 2 bottles as a treat as he doesn't really drink. I also got 2 bottles of coke vanilla and a pack of cookies for myself.

The women at the till went "you do know they do a non alcoholic cider" I just looked at her and went "if at 32 weeks pregnant I want to get pissed then I will... but as only the coke and cookies are for me its ovb not happening."

i would hate that!! i do have the odd alcoholic drink - i really do not think a glass of bucks fizz is going to cause any harm, its not like im getting drunk. i don't think its anyone business what we do and i would hate to think people would talk about me because of one glass of bucks fizz or beer or whatever!

I wish I would have had a proper drink there now...........if they were going to talk I might as well have given them something to talk about!!

Didn't you know when you are pregnant everyone has a right to give you their opinion on everything even if they are downright rude!!!!!!

Comes with the territory methinks lol

Is becks blue non alcoholic then?
Or were you actually having drink?

I order becks blue any time we are out to lunch etc, i find it hilarious how many looks I get, what with being massive and sitting with my 11month old son... No one ever has the clangers to say anything though, shame really, as I'd love to have the pleasure of embarrassing them!

Urghhh people can be so opinionated it's ridiculous.
I went to Starbucks on Friday and ordered a cookie crumble frappe, cream based not coffee... As the woman handed it to me her colleague was like "err is that caffeine based?" and gave me and my huge bump the dirtiest look. Made me so uncomfortable.

I haven't had any of this!? although might be different here in Australia- I went into the bottle shop to buy my MIL a birthday gift and they had samples of champagne and asked if I wanted any :) I politely declined- but its nice to be asked.

There is a festival in my garden this year, happens every year. Its on the day I am due too. Was thinking of stumbling about pretending to be drunk with a non alcoholic beverage but not sure I have the nerve lol

Seriously As if people think they can comment on your behaviour... Fuk em!

I went out to dinner with my parents and dh Saturday night... I'm having my baby tomoro and I would have loved to have had a glass of red... Just one (haven't drunk at all in 9 months as in aus they say not to drink at all) but I know so many women and my mw who said a glass of red at the end isn't gonna do any harm...

I didn't end up ordering it... Mostly because I was scared of people judging...

I'm planning to buy some alcohol free koppaberg someone posted about here. When the baby arrives we will have an open house with BBQ and I don't want to drink diet coke all day whilst breastfeeding. A wee cider with ice will go down as a wee treat quite nicely.

I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and they had Charlemagne which is like 2% so I had a couple of wee glasses over the course of 6 hours.

People think pregnant women are public property unfortunately. You could have said politely that you weren't intending on getting drunk and made them feel stupid for assuming so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->