Wish people would think before opening their mouth!

familygirl30

Reaction score
Took my son to the park today and a woman who worked there kept staring at me and said wow u look ready to pop! Ive only just turned 24 weeks! I'm a big girl as it is so this comment has go to me and keep thinking what am I going to b like in another 3 months! Wish people would think

I'm having this all the time it's so frustrating. I get told 'not long now!?' And 'how long left? Not a lot surely' and kind meaning words but they irritate the life out of me.
ive found myself responding by saying I've got 13 long weeks left and I hope he stays inside for every single one of them!
Don't get me wrong I'm sure people aren't trying to be nasty but I'd prefer nothing at all to be said. Or perhaps a 'when are you due?' Rather than a 'not long now!' When they have no idea how long at all lol. 🙄

Thank u for your reply!I will prob now just expect someone else to say it!

Oh my I have this already and I'm 17 weeks. At a club my DD goes to there was a pregnant lady who was the same size as me bump and all. I just assumed we were at the same stage. Went to group the other day and she had just had her baby! X

I just think when you are already feeling big last thing you want is comments from people! When I said back to the woman not due til end of Aug so better not b ready to pop! She just looked at me, my son was prem so already worrying this one might be

I've been getting 'are you sure there's 1 in there?' It depends a lot on how much I've eaten, what position he's in etc. Today I look huge but sometimes not so much!

This drives me insane also! And then they ask how long is left and I reply '3 months' then I get 'oh gosh that's ageeeees away!' Go away!!! Lol

I finally started to wear maternity tops, which make my belly look a lot bigger and this morning the secretary at my office today squealed at the top of her lungs that I've popped and started rubbing my belly like I'm a genie in a bottle.

I was ready to smack her. What makes people think they can just touch you or comment on your body size if you're pregnant? Ughh so annoying.

This past weekend I got "Wow - you suddenly look REALLY pregnant! And you're totally waddling - just so you know"

Um... thanks for the update?

Oh Yes! I hate this! I feel it is such an invasion. If I don't bring up my pregnancy- I don't really expect others to either. I was at the gas station the other day and a lady said "Oh are you pregnant?" and I said yes but it made me feel really weird that all these ladies were standing around appraising my belly. I couldn't get me and my daughter out of there fast enough and they were all asking when I was due etc etc. Sorry but not everyone is a public person! Sorry- rant over. Its been bothering me!

I haven't had anyone say this to me, but I know I look really big for 27 weeks. I mean baby is measuring at least one week ahead (again like my son), but good lord. With my son at this point, I was so much smaller.

I will say though, I got big FAST, and then it seemed to slow down after 24 weeks. So hopefully I don't look like an elephant by the end. Lol

Grr. I haaaate the comments. I've not had any yet this time around but with Lucas I remember having a woman at work who I'd literally never spoken to, loudly asking me around 20 weeks if I was having twins because I was 'huge' (side note, I'm huge with no babies in there).
She would not let it drop and was looking around the break room for people to agree with her, so I eventually replied "yep, I'm sure it's not twins - anymore. One of the babies died early on." Never heard a loudmouth go so quiet so quickly.

I've already had this too and I'm only 16 weeks lol! Already had the "are you sure it's not twins" but I get this in every pregnancy and from early on. Not sure if it's my height or something as I have a really short torso and everything tends to just stick out from my tummy pretty early! I'm the kind of person who looks pregnant when I'm not and just bloated lol.
But still irritates me because it's just what anyone wants to hear isn't it, how huge you look?! Not sure why people think they have a free reign to comment on a pregnant woman's size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->