Woah Maca!

lucidc

Reaction score
We are in our 7th month of ttc though I will say its only really like 5 months of really trying. I was taking soy the last 4 and I decided to give it a break because my 33 cycle dropped down to 26 for no apparent reason last month and kinda freaked me out. I know my hormones are outta whack without even having the initial tests done. I was ovulating on like cd 22 before I started using soy which moved it down to about cd17. ANYWAYS after reading up on Maca and its potential to balance hormones w/o throwing anything outta whack I bought some of the gelatinized kind at Whole Foods 3 days ago.

I have no idea if this is a coincidence but HOLY FREAKING LIBIDO. We have bd'd like 9 times over the past 3 days. We are both 34 and usually that is the month total while TTC. So if anyone is burnt out in the bedroom while all this baby making stress is going on you might wanna check it out for just that reason alone. I'm not expecting a BFP this month for some reason I think I'm not gonna ovulate and I have not been temping this month either so who knows. That would be a awesome story but for now I'll take the renewed sex drive for both of us. :happydance::thumbup::happydance:

Hi, I have tried Maca before. I did not take it for long though as i thought it was giving me headaches. However for the last 4 weeks i have been giving it to my BF and as of sunday started it again myself. i have been trying for 27 months now and had a chemical in september. so my maca journey starts here and i will update on any changes i notice. so far not much but 3 days is nothing really. hope you get your BFP. xxx

my hubby has low sex drive and I have been giving him maca for a few months, cant say that I noticed much difference in his sex drive. How much did you both take? May be I do not give him enough, it's usually 1-2 spoons of maca powder a week

I only take 500MG in capsule as i dont like the taste of the powder. my BF takes 1000mg not sure if i need to increase this. there are a few threads about Maca but seem so long ago.

powder tastes quite nasty but I usually mix it up in his food to disguise the taste.

BF takes 2 500mg capsules a day, he has a high sex drive but hoping it helps his swimmers TBH. I have heard a lot of people take 1000-2000 mg a day, and they get their BFP's so im hoping but at this point im willing to try most things.

I did quite a bit of research on it before buying it and for this particular supplement I though going with a higher end product was a good idea. I also read that the "gelatinized" kind had better bioavailibilty. So I picked mine up at whole foods the brand is VEGA Maca, certified organic and gelatinized. Which has nothing to fo with gelatin its something about the way its processed. They are capsule and we are taking 1500mg each a day,2 capsules. Think it cost 20.99$ for 60.
I'm so impressed with it I will probably stick with this brand but try and find it online (whole foods is a bit of a drive). If you already have a high sex drive that could be why you wouldn't feel a difference.
Also the energy boost is huge, we are both in a better mood, we feel better and less lethargic. I kicked coffee in July and honestly it's a good kind boost, doesn't feel dirty like coffee. And I have a serious anxiety disorder and I usually can't take anything that feels like a stimulant but I have not felt any anxiety or any other ill side effects.
Good luck everyone!

I did quite a bit of research on it before buying it and for this particular supplement I though going with a higher end product was a good idea. I also read that the "gelatinized" kind had better bioavailibilty. So I picked mine up at whole foods the brand is VEGA Maca, certified organic and gelatinized. Which has nothing to fo with gelatin its something about the way its processed. They are capsule and we are taking 1500mg each a day,2 capsules. Think it cost 20.99$ for 60.
I'm so impressed with it I will probably stick with this brand but try and find it online (whole foods is a bit of a drive). If you already have a high sex drive that could be why you wouldn't feel a difference.
Also the energy boost is huge, we are both in a better mood, we feel better and less lethargic. I kicked coffee in July and honestly it's a good kind boost, doesn't feel dirty like coffee. And I have a serious anxiety disorder and I usually can't take anything that feels like a stimulant but I have not felt any anxiety or any other ill side effects.
Good luck everyone!

I think you might be right about the quality, that might be the reason why I do not feel any effect. although your brand seems quite pricy . btw is this the right one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vega-Seque...1PQY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352478477&sr=8-2

Good luck everyone!

I think you might be right about the quality, that might be the reason why I do not feel any effect. although your brand seems quite pricy . btw is this the right one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vega-Seque...1PQY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352478477&sr=8-2

Yah thats the one. I checked the price on Amazon here in the U.S. and I think I actually paid less at Whole Foods which is very strange.

Update. I'm on CD 23. I didn't think I was gonna ovulate this month but now I am either 1or 2 dpo. Not temping this month but I got a nice dark bold line on a opk 2 nights ago and have had nice strong O pains on my left side for 3 days now. I have no idea what is gonna happen with my cycle since it went from 33 days down to 26 last month. Not gonna worry about it too much. First month trying maca not expecting a BFP but I feel so good it is impossible to not feel optimistic.
I'll update if/when af comes or not.

Thank you! I have ordered this one in the end https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maca-Power...6AAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352915398&sr=8-1 VEGA Maca was just really expensive at 46 pounds. The one I ordered is also gelatinized so I hope it will work. Will check Whole Foods as well in case it's cheaper here. am also surprised usually amazon is the cheapest.

my hubby has low sex drive and I have been giving him maca for a few months, cant say that I noticed much difference in his sex drive. How much did you both take? May be I do not give him enough, it's usually 1-2 spoons of maca powder a week

also for him you can try sharing the L-Arginine if your not already and there is a herb I recommend but use with caution. Yohimbe. Yes it works but I warn you the side effects are actually dangerous so just use the lowest possible dose.

That's wonderful! Hope you get that bfp!

Briss- I hear black Maca is especially good for libido..

I have never seen black Maca. where can you buy it?

No BFP this month. Gonna go back on soy to bring my O back up a few days. Still taking maca though and besides a horrible painful AF I still feel better.

Just wanted to share, I found this cheap Gelatinized Maca https://www.naturallygreen.co.uk/Ge...es-900mg-x-100-Veg-Caps.html?filter_name=maca

Lucidc, congratulations! Wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy! Was it the maca that perhaps helped? What other supplements/foods were you taking leading up to your BFP? Btw, did maca reduce your anxiety? I read it helps with that? X

Hi everyone I am new to the group as of today. I am an angel mommy to a beautiful little angel; Annabella. She was my first child born on January 24, 2011 with full trisomy 18 and a cdh. SHe lived 76 beautiful days, more than any medical dr was willing to give her. I had concieved again for what I thought would be my rainbow last year and lost it 1 month and 1 day before my baby girls 1st angelversary... My arms are so empty and my hubby and I are both heartbroken and have been TTC for the last 9 months with no luck. I recently had a hs friend contact me whom is also TTC to tell me that she is
using the MACA root for her and her hubby to concieve their 3rd child. My hubby and I figured that we would give it a shot and we have been taking it for a week now today. We have noticed a difference in energy and b'ding and are hoping to find others that have gotten their wish fullfilled by using the product. My hubby is taking 1000mg twice daily and I am taking 1000mg twice daily so we are hoping for one that we are taking enough and praying that we will get our wish to come true and concieve a healthy happy rainbow baby. Have any of you tried the MACA and if so has it worked???? Please tell us about your experience as we are truely in hopes that this may be our answer. We are both 38 years old and our Bella was my first baby after a long battle of infertility from PCOS. Our Bella and our first rainbow were my hubbys 3rd and 4th conceptions... We want so badly to complete our family and are in such fear because of our losses of our babies and because of our age.

Hi Jenny, I am very sorry about your babies. I have had my DH on maca for months now but I cant say I see any changes. his sperm count did not improve either. although I did notice an increase in his sex drive after he started taking large doses of arginine.

Mac had not effect on me, nor did vitex :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->