Wobbles or anyone - OPK Questions

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
OK, Today is CD13 and I took my 4th OPK this morning. Still no change in the second line....Very faint.....all 4 days look the same.

Question 1 -

Does that 2nd line start to get darker as Ovulation gets closer or does it just go from faint to BAM in your face positive.

Question 2 -

Since Im still sick, Im having a hard time convincing my hubby to BD....:rofl:
Lest just say for example tomorrow morning I get a Positive OPK, are my chances still good if we BD then? or should I start before I get the Positive OPK.

Thanks Suz:rofl:

Some women experience the "fade in" some don't some just get Bam!as you put it. Once you get a pos OPK you are will probably ovulate with in the next 12-36 hours.

Here is a great site about them (and hpts!)
https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

Oh and I forgot to add...sometimes having a cold can effect when and if you ovulate.

:hugs: Thanks for the info hun.

:cry: Hopefully I will O with my cold....:rofl: That will be just my luck if I dont.

i started using them from day 10 of my cycle and got my positive on day 18. On day 10 to 17 i always had a faint but obvious second line which didnt seem to change in colour. Then on day 18 i got my positive result and just for curiosity i carried on testing for a day or so after and the second line returned to being faint as it had done before i got the positive.

Hi Suz!

I've used Digital Clearblues on the last two cycles. They give you a definite result on the screen, but if you take the sticks out of the machine, you can see the two lines.

The first time, my lines started to get darker and darker before very dark on day of positive OPK. This time:

Day 12: faint
Day 13: faint
Day 14: very dark (positive on the OPK)
Day 15: lighter than the test line but not faint (negative on the OPK)

So, you could get a really dark positive tomorrow. How long is your cycle?

If you are due to ovulate round about now, I would get in some bding tonight.

Good luck!:crib:

Mine were never that dark until O day - should get a LH splirt

Good luck hun x

Thanks Girls.....

Poppy,
Im usually 28 days but have been late lately....Hopefully my cycles are not starting to change.

I have a lightning fast LH surge. It came and went in 10 hours one cycle so I have to test twice a day to make sure I don't miss it. Normally I test around 12PM and again at 8PM. I've been using the IC's and they seem to work ok.

So do you think its ok that i am just testing in the morning once a day? This is my first time using OPKs.

i would test twice a day. If this month isnt sucessful for me thats what ill be doing next time round.

If you have enough to spare, test twice and everything I've read says that LH isn't synthesized into the urine until the afternoon so FMU (unlike when testing with HPT's) isn't the best urine to use. Some instructions say to test around 4PM. One month I didn't get my first positive until almost midnight and it was gone by 11AM the next day! I tested before BD'ing on a whim and if I hadn't I would have probably missed the surge if I hadn't tested at that time! I've bought IC's 50 at a time that are really cheap so I don't feel bad about using 2-3 a day.

I suppose it depends on how often you BD. If you are BDing pretty regularly, even if you don't catch your surge on your OPK, you will probably have enough of the spermy little guys in your system!:rofl:

A positive OPK tells you that you are going to ovulate somewhere between 24 - 36 hours later (however, I have read elsewhere that it means anywhere between 7 and 36 hours). I suppose, like some people have said, you could test late and ovulate a couple of hours later. This month, I got my positive OPK on Sunday morning at around 9 o'clock, felt ov pains around about 9 at night, tested again in the morning and it was negative. So on that basis, I ovulated around 12 hours later from when I tested.

Like I mentioned, if you BD regularly round this period, you should be OK.

Best of luck Suz! :hugs: Have your read our postings on stuff like vitamins and ttc? Do you use anything like B6 or Pregnacare?:crib:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->