Wondered if you could help ...

redarrow

TTC our Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
... my friend is being induced on Friday and she has asked me to be her birthing partner :cloud9:

I am so excited :happydance: Can't wait!

I need to think about what I need to take with me though because it could either be Friday or Saturday and I might need to stay over etc so what do I need to take with me as obviously dont want to clutter up her room with my stuff!

Thank you all in advance xx

I imagine a drink, snack and something to read or do if things progress slowly.x

I was induced, hubby took drinks and snacks, a few magazines, a puzzle magazine (crosswords etc) that we could do together. Possibly a pillow for you if you have to nod in a chair? My hubby nicked one of mine :haha: small change in case your friend wants something from the shop like a drink or snack - hospitals can be notoriously stingy with food/drinks! xox

Snacks, drinks, money, magazines etc and induction can take days if her body isnt ready.

Check with her what she is taking does she need/want you to take anything?

Check her birth plan know what she wants and make sure you stick by her to help her get it - stand up to the MW/OB's if needs be...you aren't just there to hold her hand!

Remember to stay positive, look at techniques to help with CTX - counter pressure massage etc - some people use a tennis ball to roll around on the lower back - does she like aroma therapy? Take some oils to help massage her feet or back while she's waiting or having CTX.

Hide a little box of choccies in your bag to give her afterwards!

Take your phone charger!

How about a pack if cards, I was induced and it was a very slow process, Dbf ended up buying some cards at the hospital shop so we had something to do.

if she wants it, take a notepad.
i wish OH had taken note of when things happened and what time.
i forgot about all of it as i was on another planet.

i really regret not doing this with my induction and i will be doing during my labour this time.

Thank you all so much for your advice and ideas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"