wonderful birth of my Sammy

Laura617

Proud mommy of 2 boys
Reaction score
Well I wasn't sure if I was going to write out a birth story but figured what the hell, so its a tad bit late coming but here goes.

I will start with 39 weeks. I went to my doctors appointment for my check and was about 2cm dialated. My doctor kept asking me if I had any contractions or fluid leaking and I had nothing at all. He seem to think this meant things were still going to be awhile. I was starting to get eager for baby so at 39 weeks we started encouraging things to get moving. We DTD everyday from that point but as our sex life never slowed down during pregnancy I am not sure how effective this is lol. I was walking like crazy everyday and at 39 weeks and 4 days I decided to try the old wives tale of pineapple juice which made me sick to my stomach.

Hubby was asking me every few hours if I was feeling anything and everytime I said no he would then ask "you will know when its time, right?" lol I just said I hope so. I woke up on Monday September 20th, one day before my due date at 8 in the morning to use the bathroom and realized my undies were quite wet. I wasn't sure if I was leaking fluid or had just peed a little before making it to the bathroom so I changed and decided to lay back down and check again in a bit. About an hour later I woke again and was quite soaked so again I changed and this time phoned the doctor and told them I wasn't sure if my water had broken or I had peed myself lol nothing like pregnancy to make you ask another person if you might have wet the bed. They told me to goto the hospital. I live only 10 minutes from the doctors office but a 45 minute drive from the hospital and one of my worst fears was being sent home from the hospital because I wasn't ready so I kept asking if I could just stop in the office and get checked but nope they said go now. I went and woke hubby, told him we needed to go and he jumped up. I wasn't having any contractions or pain at this point so I felt I had a bit of time even if my water had broken. So I took a shower and let hubby take a shower before we headed out. This seemed like a good idea at the time but as soon as I got in the shower the contractions started.

I had heard a lot about labor and how it starts slow so when my contractions started I was figuring they would be few and far between but boy was I wrong. They were immmediatly 3 minutes apart. I was trying not to time them as we got in the car because I was feeling a bit nervous at how fast they were coming. Hubby was wonderful and kept up a running conversation and encouragment all the way to the hospital. I was checked into my room at 10:30am. The nurse checked me and said my water had broken and she could feel a lot of hair, I was 3cm dialated at this point. The contractions were now 2 minutes apart. I got sick waiting on the epidural (yeah I wanted pain meds, I am a wimp) but as soon as I had the epi set up I was great, this was done at about 12:30 in the afternoon. I dozed off as hubby had breakfast and we settled in for what we thought would be a long day of labor. I woke at 2pm and started complaining about being a bit bored, we had a relaxing time of chatting and making jokes for a few minutes which is exactly what I wanted.

At 2:20 the nurse came back in to see how I was feeling and said she would check me in a few minutes but as I was only 3cm she didn't think I would have progressed too much so was trying to give me time. The doctor came in as we were talking and said he would just check me while he was there as he had surgery and figured he could check me, go to surgery then come back and deliver me. He started explaining to me that since my water had broken I only had 24 hours to deliver and if I didn't progress at all then we would look at trying to get things moving at a certain point but then he checked me and said "oh your ready".

I was taken for surprise and was like, what the hell do you mean I am ready? no way! The look on hubbys face was priceless cause he had a complete look of no its not been enough time here to be ready lol. But I was and at 2:30pm I started pushing. After only 30 minutes of pushing with no pain at all my yellow bump turned blue as my beautiful baby boy came into the world.

Samuel Aviel was born at 39 weeks and 6 days at 3:07pm. He weighted 7lbs 15oz and was 21 inches long. He had the cord around his neck and didn't want to cry so they put him on the CPAP to help and in no time at all he was good to go though he still isn't much of a cryer so maybe that was just his personality.

So thats my story, 7 hours of labor with only 30 minutes of pushing and the best experience I could have hoped for. I had been dreading labor itself but to be honest it was wonderful and I enjoyed nearly every moment of it and now am enjoying every moment of life with my son.

congrats on the birth of little Sammy!

What a lovely story! Congratulations honey!xx

lovely huge congrats, i had 13days of labour and son born at 33weeks after PROM but it wasn't half as bad as i thought got through it with 2 paracetimal lol but during and within seconds of given birth i would have went through the 13days all over again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->