Wondfo opks... for your reference

L.E.

Mom of 1, TTC #2
Reaction score
For me at least, an almost (or barely) positive Wondfo opk isn't an actual positive. I'm attaching a pic of my "almost positive"s and my actual positive. :)

The first one was from a week ago and I wasn't getting consistent positives with it. The second was was from yesterday (getting ready to surge), and then today (surge).

The Wondfos have the light blue handle and the others are from the Dollar Tree.

Hope this helps someone!! :happydance:

Attachments

• almost Jan 19.jpg
    almost Jan 19.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 155
  • almost jan 25.jpg
    almost jan 25.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_8420.jpg
    IMG_8420.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 162
THANK YOU! I just ordered a bunch of those for my first month using OPKs. I have had 5 days of tests that look like your first set! I was so confused, and thinking that they didn't look TOTALLY positive, but was wondering when it finally would. I'll keep an eye out for that blaring positive now. thanks again!

You're welcome! :) Those random "almosts" are enough to drive you crazy!!

I know! And I took my first one while still on AF just b/c I was so excited to get them in the mail - now THAT was confusing but we went to work anyway, thinking it was essentially a + (TMI - and not the best BD-ing experience). Lesson learned :)

LOL Yea I wouldn't be able to do that. Even spotting is off limits for me so there would be no way I could do it during AF. :shock:

So this would probably still be negative, right? I've been having test lines that are almost this dark since CD6 and now it's CD11 with still no actual positive.CD11.jpg

It is still negative. How long are your cycles? CD11 is still early.

My history is quickly becoming a bit crazy lately - I had 30-35 day cycles, but then in Nov had an early MC that really threw me off. The following cycle was 65 days, anovulatory, and finally started AF/breakthrough bleeding 12 days ago. I'm STILL bleeding, but it's been super light the entire time. I started OPKs CD 6 just out of curiosity, but kept taking them b/c that first one looked almost positive (similar to the one that I just posted from last night). So CD6-11 I have been using OPKs each night when I get home, and they are never +, but bounce around from half way there to being "close". I'm thinking there is something wrong w/ my hormones at this point - maybe still recovering from MC/anovulatory cycle. I don't have PCOS or thyroid issues. I know this is way TMI for your original post, but if you have any ideas I would love to hear them!! :)

Well I'm queen of anovulatory cycles and in my case, I will bleed for weeks and months and never kick it into a "real" cycle... Most recently I had 5 years of this. If the spotting keeps up, you may want to see if your doctor will do a round of Provera. I have PCOS and started Metformin in June. While I could see it was helping, it wasn't enough for a regular cycle... so I took Provera and 50 days into that cycle I ovulated... Then had a normal period 2 weeks later, and just ovulated about 26 days into that/this cycle.

Sorry about your miscarriage. I do agree that your hormones could be off still from that. You may just need that extra "kick" from Provera... or maybe it will work out on its own. Good luck!!

Hi, did urine concentration affected your tests? I'm thinking mine must be because it gives different results during different time of day, which I think correlate to my intake of water. I have one that I think is positive but not too sure, and I remember the urine was very little so the concentration might have played a part.

Maybe a little. But I do know that lh will slowly rise throughout the day, so if possible try to take them at tge same time every day to avoid that potential source of variation.

Well I'm queen of anovulatory cycles and in my case, I will bleed for weeks and months and never kick it into a "real" cycle... Most recently I had 5 years of this. If the spotting keeps up, you may want to see if your doctor will do a round of Provera. I have PCOS and started Metformin in June. While I could see it was helping, it wasn't enough for a regular cycle... so I took Provera and 50 days into that cycle I ovulated... Then had a normal period 2 weeks later, and just ovulated about 26 days into that/this cycle.

Sorry about your miscarriage. I do agree that your hormones could be off still from that. You may just need that extra "kick" from Provera... or maybe it will work out on its own. Good luck!!

LE I did end up taking aygestin, which is like Provera because the bleeding last 3 weeks. Aygestin stopped the bleeding, and now AF just started up again today. Hopefully this is the start of a normal cycle :)

So this would probably still be negative, right? I've been having test lines that are almost this dark since CD6 and now it's CD11 with still no actual positive.View attachment 333341

Thank you for posting this. Mine have looked like this from yesterday and I'm only CD8!! Was thinking I'm going to O very early. It's 1st time I've used Wondfo tests so guessing they get darker than the IC I usually use.
I'm still going to Bd anyway lol
Got a the smiley face ones ready for when I see that line get REALLY dark now.
Good luck and baby dust to all xxxx

Hi, did urine concentration affected your tests? I'm thinking mine must be because it gives different results during different time of day, which I think correlate to my intake of water. I have one that I think is positive but not too sure, and I remember the urine was very little so the concentration might have played a part.

Urine concentration does matter quite a bit. If you have clear pee, there's probably not much in there besides water. That's why they say to limit fluid intake and hold your urine. Most of the time, I just drink in spurts and PIAC several times a day...and just use the samples that look concentrated. Once I'm surging, though, it seems like my urine doesn't have to be quite as concentrated because the hormone levels are higher. Good luck!

I'm glad you ladies are finding this helpful. I did conceive that time, but sadly it was a chemical and I lost my bean before my period was even due... I think I personally ovulate 1.5-2 days after my first real positive. I don't temp, though, but that's just my hunch.

LE, so sorry to hear about your cp! :( i hope you bounce back soon and get your sticky bfp.

LE, so sorry to hear about your cp! :( i hope you bounce back soon and get your sticky bfp.

Thanks. It seems like my body is cooperating so we'll see. I'm hoping for a sticky bean in the next few weeks.

Thank you for this post! I just ordered some of these test via amazon. Great deal, I am hoping they work well, I will just have to pay attention to them closely. Trying to conceive baby # 1, after 1 month so far BFN. I didn't feel like spending a lot on ovulation test & the clear blue etc are pricey!

Good luck, 1navy_wife! For me the positives are very positive so hopefully it will be that way for you. :) I just got some almost positive ones today so I'm hoping they're really positive by tomorrow. I'd be so excited as today is CD12... The first month was about CD50, and last month was about CD25... To ovulate and do so at a "normal" time would be amazing! :)

Hmm. Now mine confuse me. LOL. I just got some and in the one i did tonight, both lines are the same color, but yours look like one line is darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->