wonky wombs and breech babies

S

sumatwsimit

first of all for love nor money can i find my cervix...? no!

seriously, ive got it into my head im a funny shape up there :haha: i just cant find it! my mum always told me she had a wonky 'tilted' uterus shape!? and that was the reason for all 4 of her little darlings to be breech or double breech...all natural births too ( much respect mum!') in fact i wasn't feet first but bottom first...that got to hurt right?

im panicking...i hope i haven't got this wonky uterus! could it explain why i can't find my cervical position too?

has anyone else heard anything like this 'wonky wombs and breech babies' ?

have you ever had a problem with PAP smears?? the nurse would have needed to find your cervix to take the sample so that might give you a clue.

i think in pregnancy everything probably gets so stretched out theat even slightly "wonky" bits get aligned correctly :hugs:

I can't reach my cervix to see what it is doing but I have been told it tilts slightly backwards (not sure if that is normal or not) but the nurse has never had an issue doing a smear on me :thumbup:

My mum had a normal uterus both my brothers were born normal head first but both me and my eldest sister (RIP) were breach and I was born bum first and my DH was born bum first but the rest of his 3 siblings were normal head first births.

I think how your uterus sits is something they would pick up on a scan when you get your BFP and they can advise from there :thumbup:

Think I really should worry about the possibility of this at a later date. I've had a look on the internet this afternoon and there are a few theories about this. On a good note, a wonky uterus does not affect fertility. Bring it on!

As for smears...? :blush: embarrassed to say it' s been way too long...thanks for the reminder girls.

Haha sorry Nat you always make me smile i can't find my cervix either i'm totally clueless going up there. You would think i would be an expert by now! I'm even thinking of asking my DH haha no not really i'm not really comfortable poking up there. I wouldn't worry about it i'm sure everything is fine. J xxxx

There is an osteopath in the next big town to us who specializes in gynecology and she un-tilted my friends uterus. But after the trauma I had putting my tail bone back I´m off osteopaths right now!
I can find my cervix but not the opening...sure there is one but no so as I can reach it. You might find it hard to find at some points of your cycle and easier at others as it moves up and down, maybe try another day.

Haha sorry Nat you always make me smile i can't find my cervix either i'm totally clueless going up there. You would think i would be an expert by now! I'm even thinking of asking my DH haha no not really i'm not really comfortable poking up there. I wouldn't worry about it i'm sure everything is fine. J xxxx

If I need to know what my cervix is up to then I have to ask my hubby :blush:

If I need to know what my cervix is up to then I have to ask my hubby :blush:

Haha brilliant they have their uses:winkwink:

There is an osteopath in the next big town to us who specializes in gynecology and she un-tilted my friends uterus. But after the trauma I had putting my tail bone back I´m off osteopaths right now!
I can find my cervix but not the opening...sure there is one but no so as I can reach it. You might find it hard to find at some points of your cycle and easier at others as it moves up and down, maybe try another day.

it moves up and down too!? crikey it's alive!!!!

seriously though i do think i have a curvy shape and its impossible to find my cvx. i'll focus on measuring the things i can reach :)

Yeap your cervix moves it is higher when you ovulate :thumbup: and I think it stays higher than normal during pregnancy but I could be wrong on that :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->