Wooden Crib Or Moses Basket??

elles28

Mum to 3 & bump
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was convinced I was going to get a wooden swing crib to use for the 1st couple of months until LO goes into her cot but now I am undecided between getting a crib or a moses basket??

What one would/have you got?

Here are the ones I have been looking at
https://www.littlewoods.com/rf/navigation/spreadDsbs.do?categoryId=7077459

https://www.littlewoods.com/rf/navi...&productPos=0&catno=UM8161C&groupId=444078814

Thanks xx

We got a crib for our baby as we've been told she is going to be big so thought the wooden crib may last a bit longer xXx

I've got a moses basket because it can easily be carried around the house. If I nap on the sofa I can have him in the living room and when I sleep in the bedroom I can move him there too.

A friend of mine swears by a soft crib, which has really helped their baby sleep through the night. Apparently, because they swing their hands about at night, they don't touch anything hard and so don't wake up. If you google soft crib, there is one made by a company called sapling I think for about £65 - you can rock them as well, and the soft bit can go in the washing machine. I'm getting one of those. they can be carried around with baby in too (or my friend does with hers anyway!).

I'm gonna have a moses too for the same reasons listed by Anita...
But,it's true that the crib lasts longer so if you want to wait with the cot maybe should consider it.

I was going to get a wooden crib too. Then, I thought about it, and a moses basket is so much more practical.

i had a crib at the end of my bed with my first; it meant I could rock it with my foot if he stirred in the night...though I am looking at a soft crib this time too, really like the one below (but that may be cause my name is katie!)
https://www.urchin.co.uk/product_categories/225/products/633-katie-crib

I was going to get a wooden crib because they do last longer than a moses basket but I went for a moses basket in the end so I can move it around the house :)

I'm going to use a cradle - mainly 'cause our bed is so darn high that with the moses basket I don't know where I'd put it at night. I like the idea of being able to reach over & rock the cradle. During the day I have a playpen that I will likely set up downstairs.

I always said moses basket and still do! Crib is just not practical!

My moses basket has a rocking stand too so I can still rock it!

Thanks for all the replies at the minute I am thinking crib as baby will be in it longer & I can use the carrycot of my pram for downstairs but I have until tomorrow till decide so keep em coming!!

i got a moses basket and i tink its the best cos u can carry it about the house. plus der only in it 4 a while. my wee baby is only (look at ticker on sig lol) and we hav 2 take him out of it soon! i tink the crib is very dear and ders no point gettin it cos they r only in it 4 a short period of time.

i got a moses basket and i tink its the best cos u can carry it about the house. plus der only in it 4 a while. my wee baby is only (look at ticker on sig lol) and we hav 2 take him out of it soon! i tink the crib is very dear and ders no point gettin it cos they r only in it 4 a short period of time.

Thats a good point. Even though cribs last longer they don't last a huge amount longer but they do cost more than moses baskets.

Ive brought a moses basket and rocking stand. Mainly because i can carry the basket around the house. I dont think cribs are so practical xx

Hey hun...i also had my heart set on a crib, exactly the same one as you actually however Littlewoods sell it at a lot higher price than other stores. If u do decide to get a crib in the end there is a nursery store that sell on Ebay...if you type in cosatto crib...(something like that anyway) you should find it for alot less than that and totally brand new! Also look on kiddicare.com and argos...they also have it....
I ended up getting a moses basket though...for the same reason as the ladies above and also for a bit of a bizarre reason that i think they look more cosy and warm for a little baby...rather than a cradel. However its up2 u babe...let me know what you decide! xx

I have both. But if I was to chose, I would say mose basket, just for the fact you can move it around alot easier. x

I saw a gorgeous wooden one that i was soo tempted to buy but then there not in them for that long and are more expensive then moses baskets, plus i had already been given a moses basket!

Hi ladies, I was convinced I was going to get a wooden swing crib to use for the 1st couple of months until LO goes into her cot but now I am undecided between getting a crib or a moses basket??

What one would/have you got?

Here are the ones I have been looking at
https://www.littlewoods.com/rf/navigation/spreadDsbs.do?categoryId=7077459

https://www.littlewoods.com/rf/navi...&productPos=0&catno=UM8161C&groupId=444078814

Thanks xx

i got both lol i will use the moses basket down stairs and the swinging crib (its a hand made 4 footer) up stairs ive only got both coz got them free lol

Im going for the moses basket with a rocking stand ! Same reason as the other ladies so i can move it around the house easier :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->