Wooden Crib Or Moses Basket??

i know this question has been asked a million times before but is there a specific reason why LO cant go straight into a cot? besides space in mine and OHs bedroom being an issue.

Usually because of so many hazards. But these days I don't see why you can't. Make sure the baby lies with toes to bottom of the bed so she can't wriggle under, or buy a 'gro' bag

Ive chosen a moses basket ordered it today :happydance: Reason for this is so little one can sleep in it throw the day down stairs and then it can be easy carried up to my room on and night time. :)

Thanks for all the replies at the minute I am thinking crib as baby will be in it longer & I can use the carrycot of my pram for downstairs but I have until tomorrow till decide so keep em coming!!

If your using carrycot down stairs then i would prob go for a crib :) x

I don't think I'll be getting a Moses basket. I have a great dane puppy and I'm afraid she'll be able to knock it over too easy. Lady just doesn't understand how big she is yet and she gets really excited really easily.

i got a huge massive wooden cotbed cot. and i'm going to make is small and snug adn cosy using one of the safababy dividers: https://www.lullabys.co.uk/shop/erol.html?421x3269

by day baby will nap in a travel cot in the living room (so he gets used to noises adn is near me in the early days)

i know this question has been asked a million times before but is there a specific reason why LO cant go straight into a cot? besides space in mine and OHs bedroom being an issue.

there's no reason at all.
if it's too big you can get cot dividers (see my post above) - you just want to make sure baby doesnt wriggle under the blankets. but apart frm this there's no reason why baby cant use his/her cot right away. mine will.

there's no reason at all.
if it's too big you can get cot dividers (see my post above) - you just want to make sure baby doesnt wriggle under the blankets. but apart frm this there's no reason why baby cant use his/her cot right away. mine will.

thanks tiny toes, i seen those on the mothercare website safababy sleepers but im a bit more inclined for the grobags, the only reason i ask is that we will be getting a flat which is all 1 level so id always hear LO if she cried etc and ive got a camera monitor too. just wondered if there was a definate reason as to why.

My daughter slept in the carry cot that detached from the pram base for at least the first 6 months of her life.. she was such a small baby. I didn't see the point in buying an extra moses basket because the carry cot is basically the same thing, & I didn't have a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->