Wooden floors and crawling??...

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Is anyone in the same postion as me...your baby will soon be crawling but you have wooden floors everywhere...:hissy:...what do you plan to do?

Any mummies had this experience...any advice?? Im already planning on moving to a place with carpet but it will be ashame, we are all so settled:(

Don't worry about it. I have a lot of wooden floors- just keep them mega-clean and let LO go. Wooden floors are actually much more hygienic and are great fun to slide on in your socks :winkwink: Keep him/her in trousers or tights if you like, but I don't think even that is really necessary. Just make sure there are no nails or things sticking out of course!

I stuck a duvet down, for two reasons she slid everywhere at first and because laminate flooring in my house in winter is freezing, so its stops her getting cold, i did the same with my lil boy aswell x

Ooo i never thought of this, My baby isnt here yet but i have wooden floors all over.
Hopefully i will be moved out of this place before baby is able to crawl but if not i might have to buy a big rug! The wooden floor does get quite cold!

Make knee grips or something :rofl:

I have wood floor all downstairs, we have a big rug in the living room hopefully that will help

My house is all wooden floors so I'm going to buy a rug for the living room in the January sales

And if you can't afford a big rug (because i know they are bloody expensive) what about an off cut of carpet, you can get them pretty cheap x

Wow I was gonna ask the same question but I have carpet all over ? wont it cause carpet burn ?

no it should be fine and even if it does they probably won't even notice, if you worried put trousers on, or if he's struggling at first (because they can struggle with trouser on) just stick a pair of tights on him!! Its not like anyone is going to see him!! lol x

Tights lol oh boy I make sure he never finds out later on in life lol

No you make sure you get loads of pics!! Make a great pic in a 18th birthday montage!! lol x

I have stone tiles in the kitchen, dining room and living room. One fall face flat and she'll knock her teeth out for sure, so Im gonna get a bunch of rugs to cover everything will she gets steady..

Baby legs

https://store.babylegs.com/core/media/media.nl?id=185&c=659013&h=8da74d4cfa7e0b293f03&resizeid=-2&resizeh=300&resizew=300

https://www.babylegs.net/newWeb/cImages/ways/5A.jpg

I've got two pair :)

I've bought some foam squares (like puzzle pieces) to use for the baby area

Lol you girls...the foam squares seem a good idea...but my living room is so small even a rug wouldn't bloody fit!!

we are in the same problem. there isn't carpet anywhere in the house!! :hissy:
I normally dont let Colton even on the floor. This is OH's mothers house, and she NEVER EVER EVER cleans the floor. (I refuse to clean her house because she doesn't respect her house enough to clean up after herself, I'm not doing it). I dont even walk around without socks on.
Colton's seven months, and he does get belly time in his crib alot and I have alot of toys in there. He scoots himself around really good and is trying to get on his hands and knees.
We are hoping to get our place finished in the next two months, and I'm hoping he will learn before then. But if he doesn't then I know it wont take him 1-2 weeks and he will be all over that place!

Well we have wooden flooring everywere, except Kyles bedroom. But he loves the flooring. He uses his hand and pulls himself along it so fast! Hes still not realised he can move beter on his hands and knees, I think this dragging method works for him :lol: I recentley bought some Knee protectors I got it from www.thebabycatalogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->