Wooden pram vs. Plastic pram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliebellie

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get DD a dolls pram for Christmas and had my heart set on a beautiful wooden pram. My MIL has now bought her a cheapy plastic pram for their house (and gave her it when I wasn't there, despite knowing I wanted to get her one for Christmas, but that is another story!) and she absolutely loves it. Part of the reason she loves it so much is that it is so light that she can move it around really easily. She can get quite stuck with her wooden brick trolley and I'm now worried she would struggle to move about as much as she would like with a wooden one. She will be 2 a fortnight after christmas.

Would you ladies get her a wooden one or a plastic/metal one? Or does anyone have any recommendations for a wooden pram that is easy to move, good at turning corners etc? Thanks!

We got dd this wooden pram https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moover-Woo...060&sr=8-1&keywords=moover+dolls+pram+natural when she was one. Its beautiful to look at and could even be kept as a decoration in a room, however it is not easy to push as plastic prams as the wheels do not turn. Also its small so by 2.5 she was too tall for it. Last Christmas we got her one like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayer-Chic...F8&qid=1409951228&sr=8-20&keywords=bayer+pram and its much more practical, hood goes up and down, changes to pushchair, adjustable handle etc. However not as pretty as wooden one! So I think I would go for a good quality plastic one if I were you as she will get longer out of it.

Personally I wouldn't get a wooden pram. Just because Lucas tears his pram about a lot and the lightweight plastic/aluminium one we have holds up, but most of his wooden toys have chipped/broken after much less wear. I'd be dubious about how long it'd last.

I've got dd a silver cross wooden pram for christmas but she'll only be one in january, so its more of a walking aid and then something to keep rather than she'll actually want to play with it and use it as a pram. I'll prob get her a plastic/metal one whens she's 2/3.

Thanks ladies, I think I will go for a plastic one. I do love the wooden ones and think it would look lovely, but when it comes down to it I want her to enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it. Now I just need to decide which one to get her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back