• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Woolworth's BIGGEST ever one day sale (Friday 5th Dec)

here2day only

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted else where in the forum (sorry if it has) but I thought some of you good people might like to try and get a few extra things for yourselves at greatly reduced prices. I know that my local Wollies does baby stuff as well, including clothes, so happy buying if you can make it...

The ailing chain store Woolworths is holding its 'biggest ever' sale tomorrow to get rid of all stock before it closes its doors for the final time.

The retailer, one of the most well known symbols of the British high street, will be offering up to 50% off many items ranging from toys to homeware.

Neville Kahn, the Deloitte partner in charge of Woolworths' sale said: " We anticipate increased footfall in the stores and have hired additional staff to cope with increased demand. Additional goods have been moved to all stores and further stock will be added in the coming days.

"There is continuing interest in the core Woolworths business and the sale will continue whilst potential buyers finalise their plans for the purchase of the business."

Highlights of the sale will include up to 50% off toys, 30% off Christmas trees and decorations, 50% off all greeting cards, 20% off personal gifts and reductions on all entertainment products.

I wonder how much is off the games, cds and dvds?

I wonder how much is off the games, cds and dvds?

I believe this might be the way it is going to work but even tonight staff were still in the dark about what was going to happen tomorrow.

50% off all:
Gifting
Schoolware
Greetings Cards
Posters

30% off all:
Events (Halloween, Party, Party Wrap)
All X-mas
Gardening
Calenders
Books

20% off all:
Electrical Items (TVs, DVD Players, General Electrical bits n bobs)
All Clothing
Stationary
Home Essentials (kitchen, bathroom, tableware, home adornment)
All Toys
Comms

10% off all:
All Confectionery (drinks, chocs etc)
Computer Games
DVDs
CDs

So 10% on CD's is not brill so maybe by the close of play they might reduce the stuff a bit more as they just want to get as much money in as possible and if the news is true, the doors will close for good at closing time - Friday the 5th.

No, its not brill especially as the dvds etc are generally cheaper on amazon anyway:p

I went into my local Woolworths on Saturday and most of their CD's & computer games were already out of stock.

Ill be there tomorrow too! I bet there isnt much on sale , our woolworths is so stingey for some reason!

I will be there toooo...bet i won't end up buying anything though xx

I think i will go town before toddler group 2moz!! Woolies opens at half 8!!

I'm off there now, I'll let you know how much I've spent when I get back!! :rofl:

Yes. I went, it was so busy you could barely move and there was only 20% off the stuff that I wanted and wasn't standing in a 10 mile long queue for it:p

Iv just come back for there...all the toys that were for sal were for older kids and they were loadsof kitchenware and chrimbo things for sale...didnt buy anything xx

thought it was crap lol , went there bought nothing. Argos have much better deals going then woolies :)

i went tonight and it was a pile of poo!! didnt get a thing.

It was shit, like being at a jumble sale. There was nothing decent, bar 1 or 2 things, but they'd been opened.

We got nothing.

Yes. I went, it was so busy you could barely move and there was only 20% off the stuff that I wanted and wasn't standing in a 10 mile long queue for it:p

I popped in 2day, not knowing about the sale, and it was chocka-block!

I swear there must have been 100+ people queuing to be served, and the aisles were so full i couldnt get round with the pushchair. People had arm fulls, but i couldnt see anything worth buying tbh :shrug:

I went in today with my mum. Is it only on for today? It was absolutely packed, stupid people everywhere!! Was gonna get a couple of things, but the queue was so long I just got the same stuff from Sainsbury's...cheaper!

It was bloody confusing, there were loads of signs everywhere, 10%, 20%, 30% but I had no clue what they corresponded to! They just seemed to have chucked a set onto each shelf... It pretty much just put me in a bad mood. There were some cool kids toys, but I didn't get em because they were still fairly expensive!! Was expecting everything for under a tenner or something, but things still seemed quite expensive and obv I didn't know if they were in the 10, 20 or 30% lot!!!!

Overall, not that amazing...disappointed.. V.V

xx

I also went today it was soooooooooooo rubbish , when i had a look around i only wanted wrapping paper lol but i wasent waiting in that hugeeeee cue :o!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->