Wooooop not long now! 2 months until I am Mrs Wilson! 15th Sept 2012

jms895

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

Seeing as I have a year now until I tie the knot, i thought i would start a dedicated journal for my thoughts, plans and ramblings!

A little about me first! I am Jade, 31 from Notts. I have been with Andy for 10 years next September so thats why we set the date for 15th Sept 2012.

We have 2 little boys, Caine born March 2009 and Alex born Dec 2011. We think they will both also be a nice age (and more managable!) at the wedding.

I am so excited but also dreading planning it. Its not really me to organise and plan but we are going the full works for a big wedding, we have loads of family and like a big party! :D

Anyway, we have booked the church and paid the deposit. We get married at 2pm on the saturday at our local church. Its gonna cost £600 for that but it includes bells and the choir :cloud9:

Then we have booked the reception here https://www.w-s-t.co.uk/weddings.php
It is a reasonable price, a local restaurant does the catering and its brilliant. Its big and gorgeous inside! Paid deposit too.
Mum and dad insist they are paying for the reception. It will cost about £4k i think for sit down meal for around 50/60 people and catering for 160 at night plus wine/drinks etc. I dont want them to pay that much but they are v traditional and want to :dohh:

My nan wants to buy my dress too! I am feeling very lucky but also guilty and dont know whether to accept or not although she is buying all grandaughters wedding dresses and is well off.
I really like 4 Maggie Sottero gowns and am hoping to go trying in Nov/Dec when I reach my goal weight of 11 stone. I will have lost 4.5 stone then :D :happydance::happydance:

I am having a few bridesmaids:

My sister as MOH
My best friend and possibly her daiughter
My other friend
Best mans daughter
OH's cousins daughter

And my 2 gorgeous boys as Page boys :D

I am liking purple/aubergine and lime as colour theme.
Also champagne and antique gold (if I have a gold dress)
And berry and lilac.
I know..... all very different hehe

I am hoping I can wear a boob tube dress now I have had an op to remove a large lump of breast tissue from my arm pit. Its a bit of a mess atm but am hoping the fdluid and scar tissue will be gone by then.

I am hoping to have the Daimler and Badsworth tourer cars and need to book these soon. https://www.weddingwheelsltd.co.uk/cars.php
I also need to sort photography and decide if we are having it professionally videoed.
Also need to book seat coverings and she does the favours etc too.
Plus decide and pay deposit on cake people.
OH's step sister Is doing the balloons as she does that for a living.
We will be hiring suits for OH, My dad, OHs step dad, best man and OHs bro.

I have seen some gorgeous wedding ring sets and we are having white gold which is my favourite.

My current favourite dresses, or styles of dresses :D

https://www.maggiesottero.com/dress...wordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3112LT

https://www.maggiesottero.com/dress...ywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=V7018T

https://www.maggiesottero.com/dress...eywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=S5261

https://www.maggiesottero.com/dress...eywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3293

I am sure there are loads of things I need to jot down/plan/book/think about so ladies...... PLEASE HELP!! :flower:

I'm your first stalker! :wohoo:

The venue looks lovely! love all the dresses! I had a sweetheart neckline as well! They are very flattering!

I say do defo get the wedding videoed. We still watch our video and are so glad that we paid the bit extra to get it done!

I'm not sure what else you will need to plan for as weddings are so different here in Canada. I had a boudoir book made for my DH as a wedding gift. It was tons of fun and he loves it!

You are doing so well on weight loss Jade and are going to be one smoking bride! Caine and Alex will be the cutest Page boys!

Lookin forward to following your wedding planning journey!

:wave: Heya!!!!

Another stalker!

Sounds like you've got lots already going in the bag. Did you go off the black and white theme in the end? Ive always wanted a gold/coffee coloured dress.

Weight loss is on track and brill so far :thumbup:

x

Yeah Gem I just got a load of funny looks and comments off the family to be honest! And once I had a look around I sort of loved all the colours! But I agree, coffee/champagne/peachy colours are lovely! xx

Cat - thanks hun! Hope you and little man are ok and he is not up to too much mischief now he is on the move xx

Ohh forgot to mention if mum and dad still offer to have LOs for a week :D we will be off on a fly/drive to Las Vegas etc.... YAY!!! :wohoo:
Know Caine will be ok as he stays with mum regularly but Alex has never stayed away from us..... am hoping as he gets older he will be ok. They are hoping to take them to Butlins for a fun packed week too they will love it.

Stalking :happydance:

Love the venue hun and really like the 4th maggie dress. I like lots of Maggiesottero dresses as well as Alfred Angelo so will probably go for one of those too.

wow you have done so well with your weightloss. I wish i could give mine a kick up the arse! xxx

Hi Jade!!... Stalking!

Keep meaning to start one myself! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first dress! That one is on my list to try on too! Aubergine and Lime is gorgeous!

It feels like ages away but I bet it will come around so quick!!

ooooo vegas :D Lots of great shows to see there!!!

We've just told each mum they can have one child each when we have honeymoon lol - they then said they will take them both away together so sorted lol!!

xxx

Arlandria - thanks! Do you have a journal? :D

Gem, thats great and really good they get on!

Fingers crossed no gain at weigh in tomorrow after holiday and bday :haha:

Xmas soon and then coutdown is on :shock: its going so quick!

Could do with winning the lottery really haha

:wohoo: 1 year today :wohoo:

12 months! Sounds ages! But its whizzing by!

Arlandria - thanks! Do you have a journal? :D

Gem, thats great and really good they get on!

Fingers crossed no gain at weigh in tomorrow after holiday and bday :haha:

Xmas soon and then coutdown is on :shock: its going so quick!

Could do with winning the lottery really haha

I do now :) I see you stalk me now ! yay xxx

Been getting excited now. Me and OH had a pre-anniv meal last night hehe, chinese and wine :rofl:

Been mulling over colour themes again. So many colours and choices arrrrrggggggh!

I know, were having red but I keep wanting to change my mind and then I think "jeez, cant I just stick with one colour!!!" :haha:

Think i'll stick with red for now! ;o)

Ive got a folder on my pc full of schemes/themes, know what u mean lol!!

How you getting on hun?

So what have you got booked?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"