work. advice please!

Flannz94

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So I'm a nurse and worked at a local hospital for three years then had my son and went on maternity leave. I ended up resigning from this job and found one more family friendly (barely any shift work, good hours) I went for the interview in June and they held the position for me until August (mostly because they had no one else at all to do the job!)
So I just started the new job on the 24th and I found out I was pregnant on the 20th :blush: it wasn't planned or anything so you can imagine my shock!
I've been battling the nausea at work and I don't think anyone has a clue. I'm not sure when to tell. I know they'll be a bit annoyed because it's a hard position to fill, even for just 6 months while I'm on leave. At the end of my day, my family comes first. But I'm really shitting myself to tell my boss!! :haha:

Has anyone else been in this position? Or any words of advice?

TIA xx

I'm in my tenure year of teaching with an EDD of 6/02 when the last day of school is 6/04. I know my boss won't hold it against me as long as my performance doesn't suffer; she was there for me with my loss in Jan. But I'm still not telling anybody at work until second tri. I want one good observation in first and to be in a safer timeline. It's my body and my decision when to tell. Now, I hadn't planned on telling her the first time but she caught me throwing up at work which is a huge no no as a teacher. ... Don't know if any of that was helpful. Basically, you have to decide how much you trust your boss. If you know the position will be hard to fill, telling them later might put you in a bad place. But I would still wait until 12 weeks to tell employers.

I was/am in a similar situation. I returned to a former workplace as a casual employee in June this year. I was offered a permanent position, which just had to be confirmed by head office. In the meantime I had a huge surprise and discovered that I am pregnant with #4. I was absolutely terrified to tell my boss as my contract had still not come through. Yet I knew that if it did and I was to sign it without saying anything I would feel really guilty and it would look pretty ordinary as they would realise that I signed when already pregnant. Long story short I ended up telling her, burst into tears as she was so nice about it all and explained that financially I needed a secure income etc. She said its fine, she will sort it out. That was a week ago. I am still waiting for my contract so praying that I still get it. She assured me it would be okay but Im still worried head office might not agree. I guess you know your employer and you will know when the time is right. In my case honesty worked in my favour and I generally find it does most of the time. Good luck :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->