Work and scheduling is starting to get on my nerves

Mabv812

Reaction score
When I first started telling my work scheduler that I had a doctors appointment I would just tell her the day and it was afternoon and she wouldn't schedule me that day. Now...Every time i tell my work i have an appointment coming up she has started to say, "so you can't work at all that day?" Just like that. So annoying since all my appointments are in the afternoon. Finally I said well my appintments are at 230 and 330 so it depends on where the shift is. If they want me to go to a late night shift an hour or more away at 4 pm, obviously that's going to be tough. They have lost 5 people in the last 1.5 months, but largely due to crappy corp issues. Still don't appreciate the attitude. Sigh

I feel your pain. My department has suffered from a revolving door of supervisors, and ever since the original left the rotation, my appointments get scheduled over. This is despite giving them 4+ weeks notice on every one. I just reminded my supervisor for the third time that I can't work the shift he has me down for on Wednesday due to having an appointment. He said he'd handle it. Let's see if it's changed when I go in tomorrow...

Uh! My supervisor has been supportive. I dont see her that often though.

Surprise, surprise (not really) - I'm still scheduled over my appointment. I told a different manager that I won't be in and why. Now let's see if I get a "where are you" call.

Dang! How many times can they get it wrong?!

Well, I no-showed for work so I could go to my appointment. No "where are you" call so maybe my manager was in this morning to see that I wasn't there and clear it right away. Dunno. Might get an earful when I call them. My doctor agreed to write me off on leave, and now I have to inform them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->