Work

Jules

Mummy of 1 Girl & 1 Boy
Reaction score
I have previously asked questions regarding telling your employer that your pregnant, but i am still worried about telling them! As i know they will not be pleased.

I keep thinking i will tell them after i been for first scan on 4 January when i will be 12 weeks

but then i think it would be better for them to know earlier so they can prepare etc...

My job is fairly easy, (dont really do much!) but it is really annoying me when i get asked to put the kettle on, or run down to there car for something!! (i'm a PA and work for all males)

when did everyone else tell there employer and any bad reactions?

I got my job through a temp agency. I didn't tell the temps, and I didn't tell the people who hired me until I had to go to a doctors appointment. Luckily, they still wanted to keep me. It might have helped that I work for a female, and she is a mother of two, but the manager over her is a male, and he is fine with it also. Believe me though, I was afraid to tell them.

I was terrified as I didnt know when applying and 2 weeks 3 weeks into the job I had to tell them I was 16 weeks gone. I wouldnt mind telling them if I was only 10-12 weeks but I felt like a dick telling them I was 16 weeks and only just found out lol. BUT they were fine - didnt make my life any easier and work was bloody hard work (high dependancy care home) lots of heavy lifting, but they didnt sack me I was on my 6months trial so they could have let me go and said I wasnt suitable if you know what I mean.

xx

I have been here 7 months now and just had my appraisal which was fine, but the boss is always saying things like, he's got his young high acheiving team together at last blah blah

i had to tell them last night, even thou i only knew a few days ago, as i work in the warehouse pre-sorting all grocery includding heavy stuff, but they were cool about it, if you don't have to lift any heavy things or something that might be bad for you or baby, you don't have to tell them, untill you have to.....

Its at your decretion when you wish to tell your employer and there are laws and regulations set in place in which they must follow.

I know it can be nerve racking but legally there is nothing they can do or say

I wouldnt worry too much about what they think or will say as that is why the laws are set in place.

The mian thing is hun that they dont discriminate against you because you're pregnant, They HAVE to also carry out a risk assesment with you, x

I know how you feel. I'm dreading it, I've only been in this job 6 weeks but I couldn't put my life on hold just for work. I think at the end of the day having a baby is an more important part of my life than worrying about what they think of me.

I think I will tell them after my first scan too, that gives them plenty of time to get used to it and make necessary arrangements.

Good luck.

I told my work at about 8 weeks because I had horrible morning sickness and it was really hard for me to make it in to work in a timely fashion or at all for that matter for a few weeks. Plus I had some emergency visits to the doc office so I had to leave early twice. I was so relived when I told them because they were very understanding of why I had been acting so weird.

I told mine as soon as I found out although I kept it a secret from my colleagues for a while longer. I felt I needed to tell my bosses, but its entirely your choice. Mine have been fine with me considering Ive only been there 4 months.

xxx

im scared to tell my boss too, :(, and i have worked there 5 years and they have just promoted me into marketing thats why im so scared cos they are paying for all sorts of things for me.

on the other hand i think well they cant say owt because i will be going back, and you cant not have a baby because of work.

but may i see that is easy said, but im scared to tell too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->