Work

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Hey,

Just need to get a stressful situation of my chest.

Have had a week of work and come back this morning to bad news galore. I am due to leave work on 9th May for my Maternity Leave. I only have 10 and a half days left of actually being in work.

Got called into a meeting this morning. One of my Colleagues whom has been trying for a baby for 10 years has had an ectopic pregnancy. She will not be back to work for at least 3 weeks. She is absolutely devastated and is not ready to talk about it just yet. I am not allowed to contact her in case me being pregnant upsets her more, which is understandable. I am totally devastated for her as she wants a baby so desparately and this is such a blow to her. She had the op on Saturday to remove the egg.

In addition to this, my Boss has announced she is going into hospital next week to have a tumor removed. She did not say anything else but she was very distressed, and given that i don't like the woman very much, i feel so bad for her. I am so upset that everyone around me is having such a hard time.

The two colleagues who are going to be off are part of the 5 strong Finance team at the college where i work. Noted that I am part of the team too. This means we are currently 2 members of staff down. I have been asked to go and cover for them at the main campus, where i will work with the remaining two members of Finance. One of them will be going on holiday next week. Which leaves me and the Director of Finance to hold fort. I am totally daunted by this idea as there is a hell of a lot to be done.

I came to work this morning totally looking forward to my last 3 weeks, i know now they're going to be the most stressful 3 weeks at this job yet. I feel guilty about feeling so stressed when my colleagues are in so much pain. I feel so out of control.

Sorry about the long post, just needed to vent.

Thanks

xxx

i know what ur saying hun u dont wanna add to the situation but remember its not ur fault and ur allowed to feellike things are getting to u and are intitled to feel stressed but just think not long left and u can compleatly destress (hopefully) xxx

I can kind of understand. My situation with mat. leave and work has been very unpleasant... I just hope things work out fine and don't feel guilty. Do your best and the next 3 weeks will be done with fast! :)

forgot to say i have a similar problem one of the women i work with has just gone in for an operation and will be off for a long time the nursery has just expanded taking on more children and we are still 2 staff down from when other people left waiting for new employees clearance to come though. so i feel a bit under pressure to but remember the 9TH of MAY

forgot to say i have a similar problem one of the women i work with has just gone in for an operation and will be off for a long time the nursery has just expanded taking on more children and we are still 2 staff down from when other people left waiting for new employees clearance to come though. so i feel a bit under pressure to but remember the 9TH of MAY

9th of may indeed.. tis a shame you dont live near because i would soooo love a 9th of may party. I can't wait. I can't help but wonder which one of us will go first though!

i dunno maybe we will go the same day u never know x

Sorry you're having a hard time hun. Sounds very stressful.

I don't mean to sound insensitive because what your colleagues have gone through is terrible. But you're going through something as well, and it's a time for you to look after yourself.

Hope it everything gets better. 9th May is not long at all... thats when I start mine too :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->