Working as a temp, and benefits...

Boomerslady

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help, I've found a perfect job for me that suits the days FOB has Ben, which is rare to find! However it's an on going temp job for 18 hours a week (maybe more if workload increases). Firstly fingers crossed I get it!! But if I do I'm just a bit confused about how to claim benefits.

So I know from having my last job I can claim WTC as I'm doing over 16 hours, I'm just confused as to who I say my employer is. The agency or company ill work for? I know my housing will go down a lot but ill end up better off. I'm just not sure how it all works. Any advice?

If the agency pays your wages then them.

Good luck x

Thanks Tasha, that's what I thought. I just want to make sure I get the info I need so it can be processed quickly. I reallllly hope I get it, money's so tight right now and it'd help with Xmas and Bens birthday!

Fingers crossed for you then sweetie, it sounds ideal and couldn't come at a better time really x

The agency will be your employer unless they are recruiting for them but then have nothing to do with the position afterwards.

You will be better of calling the agency to confirm who you will be working for directly.

I dont know hun but just wanted to wish you all the best with getting the job xx

I'm not sure either, sorry just wanted to wish you good luck.

Xx

Thanks everyone :) I had the interview on Friday, it went really well. Was more a chat with the lady I'd be working with and she said she was happy for me to have the job but had to run it past her boss who usually interviews. I couldn't get hold of the agency until half 4 and I didn't hear back so it's a wait until Mon now but I've really got my hopes up! It's be starting this Thursday.

the agency will be your boss unless otherwise stated ... good luck :thumbup:

Thanks for replying ladies :) I got a call this morning to say I got the job woooo! Looks like Ben will be having a good birthday and Xmas!

Yay, so pleased for you. You really deserve this break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->