Working From Home?

L

Lubbird

I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment and want to start working from home.

I'd really like to hear from people who currently work from home (what you do, how you got into it etc)

Thanks in advance :)

I do part time work from home and I am working on shifting it to full time. I have done a lot of work from home in the past but right now a fair chunk of what I do is adult stuff from home. Not talking to people or cam stuff but actually creating white label sites and promoting them. I am happy to explain it to anyone and teach you how to do it but I will say that its real work, its a lot of work and it takes a lot of time.

It involves research, search engine optimization, writing, creating many small websites/blogs (easier than you may think), purchasing content (sometimes) and constantly optimizing.

I bring home over 2k/month now and I don't touch my sites anymore and havent for a long time. I know that if I spent 6-8 hours/day really working on my sites I could easily bring in 3-4k/week or possibly more which is what I plan on doing once I get my BFP and quit my job. Keep in mind, it takes a fair amount of time/work to get to that level of income.

Its not for most people but its fine for me.

Phone/cam stuff can also make a lot of money if you know what you are doing.

If anyone wants to know more about this stuff feel free to PM me and I can explain to you more about how to get started.

I am an Usborne books organiser, I sell good quality new Usborne books at home parties, craft fairs, toddler groups and schools. I love it !
You can work as much or as little as you want to, I do it part time and around my children so I just pick when I want to work which is great, obviously some people do it full time and there is promotion oportunities and incentives to do this but it is whatever works best for you.

Hope this helps and if you want any more info get in touch!

I am a Scentsy consultant who are less than 2 years old here in the UK and Europe but big in USA and Canada .
I was able to quit my job and stay home six months into it and haven't looked back.
I think part of the huge appeal is that we aren't available on the high street nor competing products...you have to purchase through a consultant .
No set areas...meaning you work how and when and where to suit you.
No set targets either.
I sell online mostly but also mobile baskets...word of mouth..one on one sales...literally various ways.
I found because it fits around me I have blossomed with it.

I am now working on retiring hubby and I will..it's growing so fast !! :)

I work at home - got into it just because I was made redundant from my job working in publishing so decided to try freelance until I found a proper job, and have been freelance for over 2 years now.

It depends what you want to do, but for me I got most of my clients via existing contacts. People I worked with knew I was going freelance and knew I was reliable, so hired me and/or recommended me to people they knew.

Financially it's not amazing, I work hard but you obviously don't get any sick pay or holiday pay, so any day not working is a day not earning. The flip side to that is, if you decide you want to take a day off, you just do it. If you decide you want a day off in the week and want to work Saturday to make up for it, you can. I'd say the quality of my life has improved now I'm not constantly running for trains, working through lunch, staying late and never seeing DH.

I do get cabin fever though, I have to say! Some days I'm too busy to leave the house and too tired to do anything in the evening, so I end up staying at home days in a row and it can drive you bonkers. Ideally you should set up a very definite work space and only use it for work, and only use the rest of the house for relaxing. I used to work in our bedroom, and I couldn't sleep at night. I tried working in the lounge, but I hated being in there all day then all evening when DH came home and wanted to watch a film or something. So we converted the guest bedroom into a little study for me, and just have to shift things around when family come to stay.

There is always a constant worry in the back of my mind, am I going to get any more work once this current project is finished? You never really know how things are going to pan out and it can be a little bit nerve-wracking.

But now I'm pregnant, I'm hoping that I've built up enough of a client base to be able to work hours that suit me and my child. I think this is one of the biggest benefits. If I want to do 2 days a week then I will. If we realise we need a bit more money, I can increase my hours and earn more. I used to hate all the long hours in the office knowing I was not going to get any extra money for it!

My "work at home" situation is not the typical situation most people think of.

My husband and I help his parents run a campground/motel resort. We live on the property. There's a good sized house behind the office, attached by a porch.

It is a FULL time job, as in 24/7. Though, as assistant managers, our office duties are condensed down into a 48 hour stretch each week, so the managers (my in-laws) get some time off each week. Work schedule wise, it's a great situation for having a LO.

During office days, it's easy enough to have the baby with me while I work (I insist on having a moby so I can wear the baby at the same time). If I need to go out and help with housekeeping (common in the summer), it's easy enough to have baby with me in a carrier, or leave him/her with grandma in the office with regular check-ins.

At least, that is the plan. Not being someone who really deals with stress well, I'm a little worried at how I'm going to manage being a full time mom and full time worker.

I have a great home-based business that has allowed me to quit my full-time teaching job. It does take work, but it is worth it because I am home with my children. I work roughly 10 hours a week, and I make an income comparable to my teaching income (plus, it is continuing to grow, month after month.)
I started in October 2011 when my son was 3 months old. I was handed a sample pack of skin care products to use for a few days. The lady didn't tell me much about the company, except that the product was vegan, gluten free, and clean. I gave it a try, loved it, and the rest is history.
So, I am living proof that MLM companies DO work. I love being my own boss. I highly recommend this type of work to anyone who is looking for a way to replace their income (and the income of their husband eventually too.)
Good luck!!!

i write articles in my spare time - doesn't take too long and the pay is decent depending on how many you can pump out and how quickly you write. Can hit $200-250 per month, which isn't great but helps pay the bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->