Working from home??

beckynbump25

mommy to 1 an expecting
Reaction score
how many of you work from home? and what do you do?
how did you get in to it ect?

my second baby is due on the 18th of april my partners working and can afford to keep the three of us while im at home with my daughter but i feel i could be contributing some how to the house hold i just wanted a couple of idea's too get me moving along? x

We run two businesses from home and I will be honest, it's not easy. With my first two, they were 18 months apart so kept each other occupied and I could get some work done a few hours a day, but still never completed it 100%.

Now they are in school full days but I have a toddler running around who's not easily amused on his own and it's very tough to get a thing done. Worse than when I had my other two at home.

I am a Phoenix Trader and I find it fits in really well around my LO (who is 15 months). Its not target driven so I can work as much or as little as I like which is perfect for me.

How about party plan like Body Shop, Virgin Vie, Jamie At Home etc?

I am a Phoenix Trader and I find it fits in really well around my LO (who is 15 months). Its not target driven so I can work as much or as little as I like which is perfect for me.

How about party plan like Body Shop, Virgin Vie, Jamie At Home etc?

the body shopyou have toput your own money into it and its commision based sonot tookeen on that whats jamie at home? xx

Its Jamie Oliver's party plan business but if you're not keen on commission based things then its probably not for you :(

I work for a company that is mostly remote. Of our 60 employees only 13 work from the corporate office, the rest work from their own homes. I happen to be one of the office personnel, however, I have the flexibility to work from home as necessary. I could probably work something out with the boss to work from home fulltime if it became necessary for me or if that's what I wanted.

I have a son in pre-school and I've stayed home and worked in the past when he was sick or didn't have school. The flexibility is great. I can save my vacation days for actual vacations. I don't think I could work from home all the time, though. Working from home while watching my son is frustrating. I feel like I'm taking advantage of my position since I cannot fully concentrate on my work, but I also feel like a terrible parent because I cannot give my son the attention he needs. Sometimes he's literally sat and watched 3 movies in a row for almost 6hrs. I have to say to him "Mommy's working bud, you'll have to play by yourself." It is nice to be able to sleep in that much longer and wake up and work in my pajamas, but I think I'd also go crazy if I were stuck at home all the time without real human interaction with other adults. Depending on how things go with the addition of the new baby it's possible I may choose to work from home 2 days a week to get a break on baby's daycare expenses.

I think it'll really depend on what kind of work-from-home position you have. If it's something that doesn't require constant attention and is easy to get up from and go back to then you'll be ok. Likewise with the hours you need to spend on it. I work full-time (40-50hrs/wk) which is too much to do from home with children. Something part-time would be more manageable from home. Something commission based would be best.

I work from home (my boys are nearly ten months) its the best and worst thing ever lol

Ditto the guilt issues but I try to work in the evenings after they are in bed or if they nap at the same time. I only work two hours a day and write CVs for a company on a self employed and its very flexible - I am VERY lucky xxxx

Make sure also that your baby has a nice environment where she can play

I work from home and I love it. When I discovered I was pregnant with my second I decided I wanted to leave work and do something from home, so I trained as a childminder :) LO has someone to play with and I get to be with him all day, while doing something I love :)

well as far as money goes now i can't afford to train as anythink so im abit prrfft!!!
i wouldnt mind working for some one but in my home weather it's online,on the phone or what ever else in just stuck at the moment. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->