Working full time but still skint!

I would try again with Virgin Media. I phone them up every year, they have always matched the new customer deal + deducted a loyal customer discount (usually only a few quid, but better than nowt.) I phoned up for a whinge when they announced a price increase, they deducted a full years worth of increase off a bill.

With regards to working and being skint, I had to give up work as it would have actually cost me to go to work! Go figure. (I had one child in full time school, one in school nursery and was earning decent wage, around £20k, but it worked out I would have been -£5 per day when taking in to account petrol, parking etc to work)

Have a look at Feed Your Family for £20 on FB and their webpage to help reduce shopping bills. They have some really good tips and recipes.

Before I has my son I worked full time in management when u went back from mat leave I knew I didn't want to go back to that position the travelling to meetings in early staying late plus the added pressure management brings. I dropped my position and went part time (2 full days) as time go's by it only confirms more and more that this was the right decision for our family and we do not bad money wise we get by and my son has all he needs clothing shoes toys and treats such as soft play and swimming we do get a bit more money for him as he's not long diagnosed with autism and requires more support than other children his age which is another huge reason I'm happy part time I can be there for him.
Every wee while my OH phones sky and gets a deal to keep the phone and tv bill down so I'd definitely do that too. Hopefully it will all work out for you xx

That really doesn't seem like a lot spare :( Are your housing costs very high? x

So I phoned virgin media and cancelled it.. They phoned me 2 days later but I couldn't answer as I was at work. When I finally managed to answer to them they have upped my package and knocked 18 pounds a month of my bill for a year!

Also worked out that I'm going to be about 500 a month better off when DS1 starts school! Still 18 months away but it's good to know that I'm not always going to be so skint :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->